Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tali With Ace

So why is mummy dressed and made up like an indian lady?:) cos we are going to eat indian food!:)

Well, I was supposed to go to some dress up party organized by the Singapore Women's Group here in Dubai and you are supposed to NOT dress up in your own ethnic costume.. so I put the indian outfit I bought to good use lor:) But I had to have the make up to go with it so on the weekend, I decided to do a dry run and try out the make up I learnt from a youtube tutorial first:)

Coincidentally, we were going out for indian food with Fayth... she had wanted to try tali and we have been talking about going forever and on a whim and fancy, we decided to go over that particular weekend:)

Before we went, we were wondering what are we going to order for Ace because it seems he is averse to spicy foods if he doesnt like the food. So far, the only things he eats in indian restaurants is poori with sweet halwa or prata with sugar.

When we arrived, we saw a huge group of indians (tourists, it seems.. from india) standing outside the restaurant. As we walked in, we could feel the stares and I think these people were wondering, "What is this group of non indians doing... walking into an indian restaurant:)" wahahahaha...

When we looked through the menu, we realized they have kids meal.. kids tali set...  So we decided to order that for Ace.

Tali is a sort of set lunch. They will give you some roti or nan or rice and many many small bowls of different types of dishes or curries;)

Apparently, Ace was quite happy as there was halwa and most of it was not very spicy ;) The very first that my son tried diff types of indian food:)

After the wonderful meal, we made our way to the malls and after some discussion, me and Fayth decided to join the boys and watch Wreck It, Ralph together:)

After the movie, we split to walk around on our own. the boys do their thing and we do ours till it was dinner time. Surprisingly, Ace was really huggy kissy that day cos he says he missed me after not seeing me for two hours while we were walking around seperately in the mall:)

Since I mentioned the SWG Fiesta Day (that's what the event is called), I thought I would just post it here lah..

Camwhoring with my make up and new earrings before I go out...



My lucky number...

The women of all different ethnicity:)


The committee members very wu sim lor.. they actually made effort to decorate different tables differently. My table feature indian snacks and decor.. all these snacks are handmade lovingly by members of the club!:)

This one is malay poutpourri.. smells so nice lor.. too bad I got no container to bring it home...

Ah, CNY and hari raya pineapple tarts!!
Christmas too:)
Hand made loveletters, kueh lapis.. mmmmmmm....

Christmas table is just pies and what nots...

It took me alot of courage to go there because i din know many people there. In fact, I only knew like 6 persons by face (meaning I know their names but they may or may not know me). Only three people I talked a little bit more with are J, R (comittee member) and H whom I took photo with here. She is the coming consulate general's wife:) very humble and very friendly person. Very down to earth too.. I like her:D too bad tough she is VIP and the others already have their gang.. so I was seated in an odd table where I did not really know anyone:) wahahaha..

Table empty and nothing to do right. so camwhore lor:)

Someone saw me doing tat and offered to hel p-me take photo... she doesnt realize I am camwhoring out of boredom but i paiseh to reject so ok, pose lor:)


This lighting not bad.. so camwhore again!:)

They so cute lor.. they got diff people of diff ethnic groups to say a few word of greetings in another language and afterward, they made them DANCE OPPA GANGNAM STYLE:)

Ay.... Sexy LADIES....:D
Hey look, whose is there to offer CNY greetings? Xiang Yun jie!:)  Harlow! Long time no see...

And of cos her better half whom I saw not so long ago on tv...

I never felt so happy to see Zoe And Fann before lor!:) wahahahahahah

Lovely M dressing up as Eurasian:)

Everyone having a good time...

These are teh finalists for the best dressed competition.. adn some of them really dressed super nice lor!:)

Then came the highlight of the event... FOOD!

It was soooo good I tell you. Amwaj Rotana who sponsored our venue had a chef who is Malaysian or Indonesian I think.. the taste is sooooooooooooooooooooo authentic and it is sooooooooooooooooooooo nice to eat local food here lor!:)

There is vegeterian dumplings...

Malay style fried chicken...

All the kueh kueh...


Also got fish curry...

Chinese style long beans with tau kua!:)

Nasi byrani...

Some of the girls from Singapore at my table. The lady in pink is just visiting.. it is so nice to meet fellow Singaoreans..

Our table number..

Lovely poutpourri close up... the SWG president, N, was lovely host.. she walked around and talked to everyone for a little bit and she brought this here to let us see it up close and personal.

Anyway, I was seated at a table where the ladies are all either working.. or already semi retired and rich tai tai.. wahahaha... if the world I see is me.. perhaps therein lies my future!:) wahhahaa


That is A, whom I met and the first friend I made at the event. Incidentally, she was staying near my son's school and gave me a lift all the way to the school to fetch Ace.. thank you so much, girl!:)
Round two for the best dressed:)...


Then is the dress up someone from your table.. I dunno if you can tell but my team is trying to dress me up in a malay man's outift:)


All in all,it was fun. I got a prize and when I opened it there, I tot only 5dhs.. so never share or wat.. brought it home then realize is 50dhs.. not bad. I think win money is best!

Alas, Ace wet his library book and my win went to paying the library for the damaged book:(

Previous Post:Gun Project

No comments: