Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Spanish Restaurant

It has sort of been tough in the past two to three months because Max has been super bz.. bz at work, bz at soccer... bz bz bz... eventually, it came to a point where he was working some 10-16 hours a day, 7 days a week!

As a result of him playing soccer so often and that I had to prepare him lunch as well for the next day, I have started to do those one dish meals like fried rice, japanese curry rice, etc. And so, nowadays, three dish one soup with rice has become more of a luxury we indulge once a week when we go to Lan Kwai Fong for dinner..

The other day, Max managed to come home and bring us out for dinner and when he asked if I prefered thai, chinese or spanish food, I thought I would pick the spanish one since the other two are rather commonly found in Dubai..

Ace as usual doodling on his book..

Max letting his hair down.. Ok, he has no hair.. he is merely DESTRESSING with a beer:)

I ordered a lemon mint because I was so curious about why many of my friends ordered this drink when we eat together:)

As part of their service, they served us free entrees:) This one is a honeydew cold soup with a piece of ham. Max and Ace donated theirs to me and the waiter promptly brought another one without the ham for them:)

Since Ace was bored, he started to practice his arabic lor. dun ask me what those means.. they recognize me but I dun recognize them.. But my son is doing quite well in arabic now. Suddenly, he went from totally uninterested in it and having zero understanding to becoming first or second in class during his class tests. He just got 49 out of 50 for his last class test.. it is like something suddenly connected in his brain or wat.. I dunno...

It took some persuasion before Ace was willing to try the cold soup. Despite being Singaporean, he is unfortunately not VERY adventurous when it comes to food...

Since we were ordering vegeterian dishes, we ended up with lots of potatoes and egg.. hahaha.. First dish that came was fried potatoes with some sort of chilli sauce.

Then came the Spanish Omelette and Ace really liked it and kept asking for more.

Then is some sort of garlic bread with tomato sauce or something tat looks and tastes like tomato sauce:)

Traditional spanish rice...

Ace ended up only liking the egg so he mostly ate that...

Then it was time for desserts! Me and Max's favourite- Creme Brulee!

And a cheesecake suggested by the waiter.. so so onli lah..

We hung around for a while cos we noticed they have two places for people to sit and perform..

And indeed, there were two people performing. They were good! I was thinking of how in their country, it must be difficult to find work now and wondering if they missed home while listening to them...

As for my son? He said he was tired and prmptly lay his head on the table to SLEEP! Wahahaha.. Max say the guitarist must be feeling very du lan!:)

After that he come and sit on my lap and zzzz....

Then it was time to go.. I think we might come here again... once in a blue blue moon:)

Previous Post: Make Up Swimming Lesson

No comments: