Friday, September 14, 2012

Whenever I See A Bug, I Miss Zeng Popo

It has always been easy for me to be away from home. Usually when I go on a trip, I dun get teary eyed and I dun miss my family much until maybe the time I am about to go home:)

It is however quite different to be away from home for 6 mths at a stretch and not see my family as often as I would like and I think Ace feels this home longing that I have too. Every time we leave dubai, he cries on the plane if we have to leave his dad behind since to him, that is also leaving part of his family behind. After 2 months in Singapore, when we had to take a plane and leave Singapore to return to Dubai, he cried too because he misses (in his words, "Popo, gong Gong, Ye ye, nai nai, zhen popo, laoma, ah yee, net net, shu shu..." already...

Even Max doesnt say it and always says that he will be happy as long as me and Ace are with him, I know deep in his heart is a longing to be near his parents too.. cos whenever we read or watch movies or articles about parents and being away from them or not having the chance to show them that we love them, he cries..

The homesickness for me was especially bad after CNY. It got so bad I almost fell into depression. During this trip home, I learnt a thing or two about saying goodbye to my family at a workshop I attended and I think even though i miss them still, it is much easier for me to put all their blessings and love into my heart and bring them along to dubai. I know that if I should meet challenges here in Dubai, other than having Max's support and love, I can also always savour the love and blessings I brought home from Singapore.. perhaps it was that I found more peace about being away, Ace did not make much of a fuss after he came back to dubai about missing the family except for saying that "Dubai's chee cheong fun sucks and Gong gong's chee cheong fun is better:)"


That is, not until something else happened at home...


The other day, we saw something flying around in our house and I was trying to catch it. But it was too fast for me. Usually when we are in Popo's house, whenever there is some bug, lizard, cockroach, the first person we send an SOS out to is Zeng Popo.. she is the only brave soul in our family who dares to catch ANYTHING tat dares to come into our house!:)

Even though Ace always asks me why Zeng popo always nags at here, it is during this times he will miss Zeng Popo much..

"I wish zeng popo is here in dubai,.. then she can catch the bug for us.."

"But too bad, she's not here..." i said.


"Maybe we can put her on a plane to dubai and she can come and live with us and catch bugs for us.." he suggested.. "Then she can stay in our house and we can bring her out to play.."

"That is not likely to happen.." i told him.


"Hai..." Ace sighed, "Whenever I see a bug, mummy, I miss Zeng Popo..." I dunno whether Zeng Popo will laugh or cry if she hears that:) wahahaha...

Anyway, just before we left SGP, we went for a family dinner together:)









Counting down to CNY when I can be with them again and when I can finally see my nephew!

Previous Post: Roald Dahl Day

No comments: