Saturday, September 29, 2012

Nobody Can Win All The Time

While we were going home after dinner one weekend, Ace declared loudly to me, "JN is such a cry baby.."

You see, JN is a boy in his class who is good in EVERYTHING.. and when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. He is the fastest runner and is the reigning Math Champ, he is good in drama and speech and his english is also the best. He is also confident and good in speech and drama. Not to mention, he is dam good looking and has golden locks too!:) Ace always tells me that he envies James because he is good with everything and is also very popular with the girls.

I explained to Ace that everyone has different gifts. James has gifts in these areas and he will have other gifts. "Yeah, one thing I can do better than James.. my art is better. He cannot do art very well.."

So why did JN cry?

Turned out that Mr Perfect had a blotch in his perfect record. This year, Ace's class has some new students and one of them is an indian math genius and he broke JN's math champ record and became math champ for the week. So the little boy who has never experienced failure before cried...

"So what did you do when JN cried?" I asked Ace.. 'Laugh at him? That is so not cool lor, Ace..."

And then Ace got upset with me because he says he did not laugh at James and I jumped into conclusions... (Dam, he inherited my "最讨厌人家冤枉我" philosophy of life... )

"But you said he is a cry baby right?"

"But I did not say that to him!" Ace said and sulked in a corner. I dunno if Max made things better or worse by butting in and saying why I never give Ace a chance to explain...

"So what did you say to him? did you try to console him?" I asked Ace

Seeing that I have REPENTED, my son was willing to talk to me again:) hahahah...

So he told me that he went over to James and told him, "Don't cry..  nobody can win all the time, we have to let others have a chance too.. just try again." Hahahaha.. sounds little bit familiar (to what I told him when he was a sore loser).. but sort of out of context:) wahahahahaha...

Previous Post: Max's Chinese Birthday


No comments: