Sunday, August 05, 2012

They Don't Deserve It!

When I had just arrived in Singapore, for some unknown reason, I kept hearing about people falling sick or going into hospitals... As a student studying Course In Miracles and following my good friends and teachers Chuck and Lency Spezzano, I believe that our world is a reflection of us... so i wondered why this is so.. but I did not think too much of it...

And then about two weeks later, I started hearing about people passing away... perhaps it is because the seventh month is reaching soon or perhaps the earth is really changing due to 2012... one of the deaths i heard touched me deeply...

Someone close to a good friend of ours passed away due to illness. I found out only a few days later and I was so sad when i heard it... partially because I knew this person.. partially because I knew her to be a good person... partially because she was young like me and I was thinking, "That could have been me..." And I just felt lots of sadness for her passing that I teared...

I told Ace about the bad news and when Ace saw me tear, he kissed me with his oily mouth (as he was having dinner).

"Aiyoh, why you kiss me with your oily mouth..." I asked him..

"I just want to comfort you mah.. I want to make you happy... " he said...

Later in the night when we were on the bed, we started talking about this dear friend again...

"Mummy,"Ace asked me.. "Why did Aunty L die? It is so unfair you know.. she is a good person and she doesn't deserve this... she doesn't deserve falling sick.. Uncle H also dun deserve this!"

I was a little surprised that Ace used the phrase "does not deserve" in this context.

I was even more surprised though when he went on... "I think that only bad people deserve to fall sick and die... cos they do bad things.."

I had to explain tat no one deserves to fall sick and die. "Not even if they are so called bad people... Ace, everyone who is on this earth is somebody's friend, someone's son or daughter, or even someone's brother or sister or father or mother...  So whenever someone dies, people around them who love them will feel very sad to see them go...Our lives are precious.. no one deserves to lose it to an illness.."

And then I also tried to explain to him that people are not "bad" forever. "Everyone makes mistakes in life. But as long as afterward they learn from their mistake and ask for forgiveness and the people involved forgive them, then they are "redeemed" and cannot be considered "bad" people anymore... Whether a person wants to be good or bad.. like happiness, is ultimately a choice.. people can make a wrong choice and choose to be good again later... and that being said, even if a person makes a wrong choice and decides to be bad now, they also dun deserve to die just because of that..."

I believe that death is also an unconscious choice.. sometimes people feel they have done enough in this life.. sometimes there is calling for them to go somewhere far away as they may have completed their mission in this life.. sometimes, "the time in just ripe"... so death doesnt happen as a result of someone deserving to die or not.. but as a result of many factors tat we are conscious or unconscious about that results in the ultimate choice.

After all the discussion, Ace gave the discussion a beautiful ending by concluding that "Aunty L must have gone to the far far away beautiful place that you told me you are going to go when you die... and she will forever live in the hearts of the people who loves her..."

We will miss you, L...

Previous Post: July 2012

No comments: