Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ask And You Will Be Given

A few years after I started working, I met a very good boss.. who eventually became one of my closest friends... I learnt many things from her and one of the things she has impressed upon me is this... "Ask and you might be given, dun ask, the answer is confirm NO.."

I found this mantra to be pretty true and so I have always been reminding Ace of it. Ace seems to be benifitting from it too:)

Every year, since Ace has been able to write or draw, I asked Ace to write down what he wants for his birthday.. so far, all the things he has written down, he will eventually get it:)

This year, we asked him to write down his list but he was very LAZY lor.. kept saying he will do it but did not do it at all... I reminded him of the ask and you might be given mantra and finally just before we came to Singapore, Ace sort of unwillingly wrote his list down..

Initially, he was rather upset.. cos even by the time he came back to Singapore, most of his list remains just a wish.. wahahaha:) So he started to doubt the mantra....

Now 5 weeks into our holiday in Singapore, I would say most of his list is covered! With an exception of a spy gear voice changer.... most of the gifts were fulfilled by Yeye... (who bought him a CSI gear, bey blade) and Shushu bought him both the "Golden Banana" beyblade and the "Twisted Tempo" Beybade that he has been dreaming about for ages...

Another thing on his list is this Ninjago toy that I refused to buy for him because I find it a very expensive, useless toy. It is actually a few small pieces of lego that works like beyblade.  But for those few pieces of lego, each ninja and his spinning top costs something like $20!

But leh, the lucky boy received it as a present from ZY Jie Jie:) hehehe..

The only thing bummer was it that this Ninjago set WAS "faulty" so one of the tops seems to have problem keeping the parts in.. the bottom part keeps popping out after you push it in... In the end, I came up with the idea of pasting it on and keeping it on with scotchtape:) wahahaha...

But my son says that since there is scotchtape, this top doesnt spin as fast as the other.. hai.. complain complain... He is eyeing on another set but i told him this sort of toy.. ONE SET is ENOUGH!:)

Anyway, ZY asked him to give me  a kiss for bringing the present back for him and so he did lor:)

But I must say that as I went about in life, I think the mantra has to change a little bit lor.. Cos I have come to realize that it is more of a case that "Ask and you WILL BE GIVEN.." not really got chance to be given but definitely will be given.. it is only whether you are patient enough to wait for it and whether you appreciate what you are given. Sometimes, you may not get the exact same thing you ask for.. reason being you are always given something better that is most suitable at the time that you ask:)

Anyway, I hope Ace continues to keep this mantra and is never ever shy to ask for help when he needs it:) I have found that there is great joy to be in the flow of giving and receiving as it makes life and love much richer.

Previous Post: Kara Forever OK!

No comments: