Monday, July 30, 2012

Shitfighter's Reunion!

Time flies.. once upon a time, I was 22 years old and had a great team of people who worked together with me... we had lots of fun and we had two common enemies... we called ourselves The Shitfighters and we gave ourselves shitty superhero names... fighting the two evil personas...

There was MotherShit, Fartimah, Dung King, Prof Stools, Princess Flushy, Sai-lor Moon and many more.. I also dun remember them all.. wahahaha:) (It is interesting how the names I remembered are people who made it to the gathering.. wahahaha)

Now more than 10 years later, we are holding another gathering and it was great tat our kids got to come along and be part of the gathering too:) Maybe we should give them Mini Shitfighter names too:) wahahaha..

Ace had lots of fun at the gathering too with the kids... as he had just gone through a few days of camp@HOME and also had been reading lots about how things come about, he was in a friendly mode... (ok, to be fair, he is always friendly actually) and he just sat down and chatted with the other kids like long lost friends:) He shared what he knew and asked about other people and what they did.. he was a born conversationalist...

My shitfighting counterparts were quite impressed.. actually I was rather impressed too:) wahahaha.. I guess living overseas and being in a school like Horizon is really good that children get to be themselves :)

In fact, one of the older girls who is 11 this year and was chatting with Ace actually ran to her mother and asked her mother, "Is he intelligent or what? he is different..." cos I guess she has never met such a chatty 7 year old:) hahahaha:)

Another one of the little darlings went around taking pics of us using her mother's phone and when she got bored, she started making monkey faces...
Then it was time to go home and Aunty Geokhui commented that this little girl is very pretty.. As she reads my blog and knows about Ace's new crush.. she asked Ace if she is pretty....

And then she tested him and asked if he had a crush on her too... Ace however, maintained that his favorite crush was STILL Tiffany and proving to Aunty Geokhui that HE is not a hua xin luo bo like she thought he is.. wahahahah:)

Anyway, we brought him to the meeting point where they were to meet up before going to the NE show and afterward when i went to pick him, one of the parents told me that after I left, my son walked around to chat with people and even came up to chat with her! :) Wahahahaha:)

I guess he must have taken after me in this aspect because my kindergarten and Pri 1-2 report cards were filled with remarks like "A talkative girl.." wahahahahah

Previous Post: Camp@HOME National Education Show

No comments: