Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ace's Bus Card

When we first came back and tried to take the MRT, we discovered that Ace's MRT card is no longer valid.

We discovered then that once a child reaches 7 years old, his card will no longer be valid. And usually by then, as all Singaporean children are required to go to primary school, they will be receiving their student's concession card from their school.

I wrote in to EZLink about it and they promptly replied on the same day that this is not something they are in charge of.. and that the people in charge are the TransitLink people and to my pleasant surprise, they actually have already helped me forward the email to TransitLink.

However, TransitLink took their own sweet time to reply me wor and by the time they replied to me, it was something like 2 weeks later. I found out that in Ace's case, he will have to to to the primary school where he has a LOA and collect a form called Annex D and then he will have to bring his birth cert, a picture of him in school uniform and the form to one of the few stipulated locations and they will make the card for me on the spot.

I emailed ECPS where Ace has an LOA and they said they could lend me a school uniform to take photo:) And so, this is how Ace would look like in his ECPS uniform had he gone on to primary one here:)

Ace was rather excited to see his school and he was happy with what he saw:)

This is Ace's bus card:)

But leh, it is a long way to walk or take bus there from my mum's place.. so I am also wondering that when we do get back, do we want to apply in some other school nearer to my mum's home...

Oh well, I don't even know if we will be back... so I guess we will think about it when we are coming back..

Meanwhile, I discovered that with an LOA, the kid can actually apply to go for immersion program with the school and study for a short time in the school!:) Woohoo! Maybe next holiday back in SGP, I will do that!:) Then Ace Chua wun sit at home with nothing to do everyday!:)

PS: Actually I cannot understand why a kid has to go to school in order to get concessionary status on the bus. I mean if the kid is too poor to go to school, what makes the bus company think they can afford full fare? Totally stupid! Also, for those kids who may be really young and have come home from abroad, they are made to pay full price...  aren't they Singaporeans too? Pray explain why foreign students studying here gets concession but our own children of Singapore have to pay full price??? Someone should get this sorted out lah..

Previous Post: Ace's Cooking Club

No comments: