Monday, July 09, 2012

Ace Meets His Kinderland Friends Again!

I have kept in touch with one of the mummies of Ace's classmates in Kindergarten...and just as we were about to come back to Singapore, she told me that one of the classmates is having a birthday celebration and linked us up to daddy and so, Ace was invited to the party..

Ace was so excited and so happy because one of the groups of people that he looked forward to meeting was actually his kindergarten friends...

The party was due a week after we have arrived and ever since we touched down in Singapore, Ace has been asking me everyday if the party is tomorrow and if his friends can meet him soon tomorrow...

And finally, it is a day of the party... after checking my favourite website, I found out how to get to the party by bus. Ace was so happy to be taking a bus again.. especially it is a double decker and he got to sit at his favourite seat.. the one right in front!;)



So we could look at the sceery while we camwhore:) wahahahah


Turned out that Ace was one of the first ones to arrive and so he started by running around at the playground while I helped out with blowing the balloons...

I started chatting with the birthday boy's mummy and she told me that the kindergarten classmates are really on wonderful terms with each other.. cos they have since organized other gatherings like day trips to malaysia etc and the kids have had so much fun tat they asked if they could have stay over night sort of gatherings instead of having to go home at the end of the day..

Also, she told me that when she asked her son who does he want to invite to his birthday party.. his first reaction was, "My kinderland friends.."

I guess the kids are really close to each other cos they have been spending 8 hours a day every weekday for at least 2-3 years and they literally grew up together... plus.. primary one, the association is more of like homework and stuff I think.. while when they were in kindergarten.. the association is still with having fun.. so it is the most memorable and happiest time of their lives:)

I asked Ace if he wanted to take some photos and so he pulled H to take some photos with him:)

Initially, many of the boys were here and there was only one girl V who arrived.. she kept saying that she wanted to wait for the other girls to arrive before she changed into her swimsuit to play with them.. I later found out why..

The boys and girls are at the boys vs girls sort of age and so the boys bullied the girls... shooting them with their water guns and terrorising them...

Initially, the girls just stayed on one side of the pool quietly...

Afterward though, it was payback time as they started to snatch the guns away from the boys and threatening to shoot them if they dun stop all this nonsense.. wahahaha.. girl power!:)

Through out it.. Ace was sometimes shooting at the girls as well but I noticed to my surprised that most of the times, he was not really playing with the people I thought he would miss most like K or H whom he was close to in Kindergarten.. instead, he played often with J and even with the birthday boy's pri school classmates who were invited.... And he did not seem intent on playing those you shoot me I shoot you games but was more interested in swimming around and just putting his head underwater and tracking water...

Once as he was running around, he fell.. all the other parents were so concerned and as he was not crying, I was like.. "Ok, off you go..." Hahaha.. so paiseh.. the other parents more worried than me.. am I starting to be more like an ang moh parent?:P

Anyway, since the girls siezed the guns, they have less guns right.. so the boys started turning against themselves and some of them bullied Ace into giving them the guns... or started snatching his gun away from him... But instead of facing the bullies, he went to the other pool and sat down and cried...

One of them D, came over, put his arm around Ace and asked him if he is ok and passed him his gun and Ace was immediately happy again.. so now he declared D is BFF! hahaha.. and asked if I could arrange another playdate with D cos he wants to play with D again!:)




While the kids were having fun.. us mummies were chatting and having fun too:)

Time to cut the cake!

As usual, it is almost impossible to







Previous Post: I Am Just Biao Ge

No comments: