Friday, June 29, 2012

Kor Tak Mummy

If you have ever been invited to my house.. You are very lucky:) Hahahaha.. It means I really consider you my friend to invite you into my territory....

I am not kidding.. because while I am a friendly person, I am also a very private person, I cannot tahan having outsiders in my house.. as a result of that, I never quite invite people to my house even though I enjoy visiting others in theirs.

When I had to help a friend maid-sit while the whole family went on holiday, I was super stressed.. even though it was just for 3 days.... and she was actually really nice as in when i woke at 9am, she already sweep the floor, mopped the floor, washed my clothes and dired the clothes and all folded and toilets all washed and she is a wonderful cook too! When my confinement nanny came to stay with me for a month, lagi stressed!:)

If people come to my house to party, I usually require ample notice so tat i can get ready physically (cleaning) and psychologically.. hahaha...One of the reasons is tat my house is perpetually messy.. but of cos, it is also becos I am dam kor tak:)

Since Ace started playing with the kids on the apt we live in, they have been trying to find NEW locations to play in.. and of cos one of the targetted places is my house (since the watchmen forbids them to play along the corridors already as they are TOO NOISY and VIOLENT and there are many pple coming into our building to view rooms to rent)!

I told Ace, however, that I do not allow other people to come play in our house. If he wants to invite his friends, he can.. provide he gives me at least one day notice.. no last minute can xxx come to my house to play sort of requests...

Whenever they asked if they could come in and play, I ask if they could play outside please..

Sometimes is cos my place is too messy and dirty already! Sometimes I am just not in the mood as I like enjoy my peace and quiet as I tinker on my netbook and write my blog, post my FB comments and reply emails...

But kids being kids, they still ALWAYS TRY to get it.. maybe the more I want to keep them out, the more they want to get in..

One of the kids, JH is always curious about my house... he keeps trying to come into our house and one day, he finally did come in and stay for the afternoon... and I think it was somewhat an ingenious ploy too...

The kids usually play in J's house (which has a big living room since it is a 2BD and 2 helpers to clean up after them) and after playing for about 30 mins, J's mum says they are going out. And just as Ace is about to come home, JH comes to join in the play group only to find that the playdate has ended... I said they should stop playing and all go home in that case and JH asked if he can come to our house because "I cannot go home now as everyone is sleeping at home..." HUH? What sort of excuse is that...

Okie, nevermind, I let him come in... but he is not going to get away this this! This mummy is not just kor tuk but also very KL one...

As I had some homework in mind for Ace, I asked JH to come in and told him that Ace will not be able to play with him. I told him he cannot watch tv as well as it is distracting for Ace. I told him he can play with Ace's toys as I taught Ace his homework and I gave him some water and food too...

As we were going out as well, I told him that we can only keep him till 5pm cos after that we will have to prepare to go out...

So I think he was quite stuck..He can't go home.. but neither is staying quite fun... Ace, was also happy to study with me and paid no attention to his friend! hahahaha..

He started getting restless and started opening the drawers anyhow... I told him sharply that those drawers belong to Ace and the toys belong to Ace.."If you want to play, you will have to ask Ace's permission first.." I told him.

I dun usually like to tell other people's children what to do.. cos i feel it is their parent's job and right... But I was already slightly annoyed cos I keep having the feeling that the excuse was some sort of lie just so he can come to my house and continue to play with Ace when I already told him NO.. It is like their way of "beating" the parents...

Ace being very generous said, "It's ok, you can play.." and continued to revise how to write 1-10 in chinese with me.

But playing alone isnt very much fun... and all of a sudden, when it turned 5pm, before I had a chance to say anything, JH came to me and said, "I have to go already... because my mother is looking for me to do homework.."

There was no sound of anyone opening the door or anyone calling out along the corridor.. unless he has telepathy with his mum (whom I know is working in office and the one at home is his grandma), there is no way he can know tat lor! I asked him how did he know since there is no sound and he just quickly hurried away. This one is even more DUH than the "I cannot go home cos everyone is sleeping.." thingy lor...

I told Ace tat I find JH a little fishy.. I suspect that JH lied to me and I explained why I think so. I told Ace I don't really like that. I told him that he is still allowed to play with JH but I dun like people who lie and so I would prefer if Ace did not invite this particular friend to our house to play again... I told him if they asked to come to our place to play, just say, "My Mummy prefers that I play outside the house as our house is too small for many games." which is also the case..

I do feel a little bad as I only suspected that JH is lying wor.. it is not as if it is confirm guarantee that he is lying.. so I was being judgemental and in telling Ace that, I seem to have passed on the judgement to my son.. but well, I am glad Ace was not bothered by what I said and still continue to enjoy playing with JH... And as I am human and not perfect, I forgive myself too...

Just too bad for JH he meets someone who is very kor tak and very KL.. maybe some other friendly might be please to welcome him with open arms.. hahaha..

Anyway, after that, if J says her house is not available, JH automatically says he feels like going home:) He never tried to come into our house after tat... hahahha.. and if he does and steps all over my floor with his slippers, Ace will push him out and say, "No, no.. don't come in and don't wear the slippers.." Cos I also told Ace I dun like his friends to come in and walk in slippers on my clean floor.

Once, JH said he wants to go home and when he went home, Ace asked if J can come to our place to play.. As our house was super messy tat day.. (thanks to Ace who threw his toys all over the place), they had very little space to play.. they in the end got tired of playing here and went back to J's house to play... and because they decided to play with Ace's remote control car and it was something new, they went to knock at J's door and soon they three of them were making lots of noise in J's house..

I wish the watchmen will loosen up though.. cos I prefer Ace to play along the corridor where I can keep an eye on him...

Anyway, no more playdates for them till september when we come back from our two mth holiday in Singapore:)

Previous Post: Ace's BFF

No comments: