Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

As Father's Day was just round the corner, me and Ace made plans to spring Max with a surprise... we planned to make dan tart and card for Max..

After discussion though, Ace says it is better that I make the dan tart and he makes the card.. we divide the work and do our individual portion...

He asked me if we had any white paper left but alas, we dun have any plain paper at home.. so leh, Ace come up with a brilliant idea of cutting out the diary book tat his dad gave him.. and this is wat he made..

Totally without my help except occasionally asking me how to spell some words...

He is learning to write cursive now by adding a tail to most letters.. nice boh:)

Even got secret hidden message!:)

I dunno how he get the "I wish you the best wishes" idea from...



My egg tarts were on the other hand not so successful :( Bummer.. somehow even though I followed the receipe, i made the crust too thick and the custard too sweet...

So we had only lik 10 good ones.. the rest were all crumbled and broken.. hahahah:) I think I need to buy more eggtart bowls lah.. I only have the 12 assorted pieces my friend gave me and that is not really enough lor.. maybe I will buy more when I go back to SGP.. But it is such a hassel.. maybe I wun make any more again.. hahaha.. just go back sgp and buy and eat!

The left over egg custard I just put into a tray and bake lor! Tasted like my favourite creme brulee in the end! :) wahahahaha

Anyway, Max.. Happy Father's Day! Thank you for being a wonderful dad to our lovely son:)

Not to forget, we called home to our fathers in Singapore and Ace was pretty happy to be able to talk to his grandparents. I am happy to announce tat after once a week of xi yang yang and daily chinese homework, he is speaking mandarin more fluently now!:)

Previous Post: Singapore Zi Char in Fujairah!

No comments: