Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy 7th Birthday, Ace!

As Ace's birthday falls on a Monday, we decided to celebrate a little earlier during the weekend instead... Initially I was contemplating doing a party for him and inviting our friends but Max thought it might be
better to just celebrate amongst ourselves and so we did...

Over the weekend, we brought Ace to this new restaurant we have never been to before. It is called Cafe Ceramique and it provides food as well as materials for you to paint your own ceramics:)

First you got to pick the ceramic you want to paint and then out of all the colours they have, you have got to choose like 5 colours and they will provide you with everything... and then you paint!:)


They have quite a huge selection of stuff for you to paint.. they have piggy banks, cups, plates, saucers, decorations etc...

Max says he wants to paint this little angel cos she looks like me.. BUT I already knew wat my son will want to paint and think we have more than enough on our hands if we painted just that.. so I told him we can paint another day or another time:)

Before we started painting.. we decide to order food first!:) Tat's Ace saying that he wants onion rings... whatever birthday boy wants, birthday boy gets:) hehe:)

Egg and mushroom with cheese omelette with onion rings:)

Birthday boy requested for a Veggie Bagel Burger only to inform us that he doesnt like most of teh veg inside.. hai..And dun say earlier.. tell me only after I almost finished everything on my plate and cant even exchange with him...

Max ordered a lasagne...
Thank god for the onion rings with mayo and sweet chili sauce:)

Ace reading all the instructions first before getting started...

He decided that he wants to paint this piggy bank in the shape of a truck of some sort.. and he will first draw out the designs he has in mind on the white surface..


Then he pics and chooses his colour and wets the car first before he starts painting!:)

Max was feeling sort of bored just staring at what Ace is doing..

Then he decided to join in..

After he finished painting one wheel.. my son already xian liao lor... so we, the two parents got to continue SLOGGING away..



This is the end result... I painted a number 7 on it since it was Ace's 7th birthday...

Ace says he wants to draw hearts and LOVE and a smiley face on it.. I drew it using a pencil as the paint brushes were too thick for this... I am not quite sure if we will be able to see it once it is dried and baked and glossed over...

Adding the finishing touches:)



Anyway, we will get the car one week later..

On Monday, Ace brought some donuts to school as part of his birthday celebration.. I asked him what did he want to eat for his birthday dinner and he said he wanted to eat GONG GONG MIAN... Din know what he was referring to and after asking a few more questions, I realized he meant gan lao mian... so I made tat for him  for dinner lor...


As for me and Max, we had CURRY noodles:) YUMS!

Since we had bought donuts, I just asked Max to buy slightly more so tat we can use them as birthday cake lah...:)

That is Max trying to make Ace's hair look nice as it was messy previously...

Ace waiting for us to sing Happy Birthday for him...

Ace waving along to the music as we sang Happy Birthday...

Ace singing along...


That is him making a birthday wish.. I asked him later what is his birthday wish and his wish.. is to get LOTS of presents.. and some dunno wat Twisted Temple Bey Blade.. hahaha... little wonder lah.. cos our present to him is a one week holiday camp in Singapore.. so he did not get any extra presents from us.. but we figured tat when we go back to Singapore, there will be alot of pple who will want to celebrate BELATED birthday  with him and give him presents anyway... so, no issue:)


Time to blow the candles...
Then time to eat the "cake"

And then, it was time to brush teeth, pee, read storybook and shui jiao...

I was thinking that I din seem to have done much for his birthday but this week is a busy week as I am preparing to pack and clean before I leave dubai for two mths.. I am glad he doesnt mind just having a simple celebration and never once clamoured to have birthday parties like his peers...  and also, after all his week long birthday extravaganza  for the past two years, I was afraid he might be expecting more of the same this year...

An eg of his birthday extravaganza when he turned 5......
5th birthday celebration part 1 with Karen and ZG
5th birthday celebration part 2 with Yeye, Nainai and Shushu,
5th birthday celebration part 3 with my friends,
5th birthday celebration part 4 at Kinderland with his classmates

Nevertheless, I know tat Gong Gong and Popo and Yeye and Nai Nai are all going to hold two seperate "parties" for him with cake and jelly and even durian!:) And his godmas already starting to book appt to meet up to celebrate later... I guess he wouldnt feel short changed at all once he got back to Singapore....

Besides, it is the first time in two years tat he got to celebrate his birthday with his dad.. which much have been the biggest present of all:)

PS:  Collected the end product liao.. this is how it looks like;)

Previous Post: Helping Parents Concert

No comments: