Thursday, June 07, 2012

Ace Fights For His Promotion

Ace and his first Black Level Book
Ace came home the other day and told me happily that he might be promoted to Black Level for reading soon..

When Ace started studying in Horizon, we were told that he will be bringing books home and that parents are required to listen to them read to us daily.. and to also read to them daily. He started off with orange level.. and along the way, he slowly got promoted to green level and grey level after every few months...

So on that fateful day, his teacher was looking for a volunteer to read to the class. Ace remembered that one of the targets that his teacher had set together with him was to read to the class, he put his hand up high in the sky and was chosen.. "I quickly put up my hand.. cos I wanted to be chosen.." he said..

Now, the book he was reading belonged to the Black Level.. which is one level up from his current grey level. After he finished reading, he was very happy with himself because according to him, he was brave and he read well with no help from anyone and he could read all the words inside... perhaps it is because I have been telling him, "Ask and you might be given... dun ask confirm dun have"... he gathered his courage and went up to his teacher to ask if he could be promoted to black level!:)

Ms O'Donnell said she would read with him in the library the next day and decide if he can be promoted.... and so the next day, Ace came home, waving his first ever BLACK level book in his hand..

I told him that I am very proud of the fact that he actually was so brave to request for a promotion:) His dad was also very happy for him and so we had a mini celebration for that too.. since it was also the 10th year anniversary of me and Max's part tor day:) hehehe..

And what did we eat?

SUSHI!

PS: Ace came home with the book he read for his class because he wanted to show off to me what he read.. :) hehehe..

Here is a video of him reading a few pages..


PPS: I was searching my blog and I guess I am glad reading has always been some sort of enjoyable activity for him since young.. looking at these old posts put a smile to my face:) I am very happy and proud we raised a book lover:)
Previous Post:Ace Helps To Cook Our Anniversary Dinner

No comments: