Thursday, May 24, 2012

I Hug Daddy

Max had to travel overseas for work for one day..

And as usual, Ace sort of fell sick and caught a cold just before his dad left.. But luckily, it was not serious and he recovered the next day.. Before Max left, he told Ace that he can hug his (Max's) bolster at night...

So on the day that Max left,  Ace came home from school and started to cry.. saying that his dad left without Ace being able to hug him... "But Daddy sent you to school before he left right.. so you could have hugged him..."

"I didn't.. I only kissed him and then he go already...." And then he hugged his dad's bolster and continued to cry..

I reminded Ace that his dad was only away for one night and when his dad is away,  his crying doesn't really help me or make me feel better... "I am still here you know.. and daddy is only away for ONE DAY..."

By night time, he seems to be feeling much better and then he hugged all his bolsters and told me.. "Mummy, I am very rich leh.. I am very rich in bolsters.. I have two bolsters of my own and tonight, I also have Daddy's bolster..."

And then he kept asking for hugs and kisses and when I asked him why he was hugging and kissing so much, he said it is his job to hug on behalf of daddy and kiss on behalf of daddy when daddy is not around.. "That is why I have to hug and kiss super alot..." he explained..

Anyway, when it was time to sleep, he happily brought Max's bolster along and said he will be hugging daddy to sleep tonight.. hahahaha.. cos he says the bolster will represent Max for the night...

Anyway, I noticed that Ace really loves to hug and his favourite position to hug is with his torso facing me and his legs opened up to hug my body... just like the way he hugs a bolster:) Hahaha..

I wonder though if it is because when Ace was young, I was still running a business and we often had to be on the go in the car, travelling here and there... and instead of using a car seat, I always held him facing me with his head between my chest while turned to the side and he would sleep on the way to somewhere else... and gradually, it became a habit..

Of late, I have been reminding him that he is becoming heavier and heavier... in a few years, it would be quite impossible for him to hug me in this way... But we have already hooked our pinkies and Ace promised tat he will continue to hug me even when he grows older.. all the way till I am dead:)

But I must say even though I appreciate it tat I have a very expressive son, sometimes it can get overwhelming.. cos you ask him go bath, he also say needs to hug first.. ask him go brush teeth also need to hug first.. do anything also need to hug first.. even before sleep, he has to hug first and if the hug is too brief, he complains!:) wahahahaha...

But I will enjoy his huggy kissy feats while it lasts:)

Previous Post: Hot Chilli Hot!

No comments: