Sunday, April 01, 2012

March 2012

Random pics taken in March with a short story to tell..
Saw this interesting pot of plant outside the Chinese supermarket.. a bougainvillaea that has three diff colours.. but from the same plant! I wonder how they do it!

As summer approached, there has been lots of fogs and sand storms lately. That is how the dubai skyline looked like on a foggy sandy day...

Saw this very interesting veg at the supermart.. went home to google for it and found it to be a family of the cauliflower and brocolli family... pretty.. and very scientific too as the domes and their relative number of buds and size are fractual... Just based on this, I am sure this veg is very nutritious!

Ace asked for rice, nuggets and eggs for lunch.. so made him a goldilocks and the two bears plate.. nice or not?:P

Found Mc D selling springrolls in MARCH.. hello, chinese new year over liao.. in another branch, there were even wearing this silly looking ching chong chinese hat.. But only saw this promo for about 2 weeks and as quietly as the springrolls appeared, they disappeared just like tat.. very bad marketing if you ask me..

We were eating in a foodcourt and while Ace always ate Mc D, we discovered a nice pizza tat is just veggies inside.. yums!

Found in Toys R Us. The stupidest toy EVER! And I mean it. Just a stupid toy tat is actually a soft toy tat looks like a sleeping animal and has batteries to make the stomach move so it looks like the pet is alive.. but that's all! The toy does NOTHING else!? Can someone explain to me why this is considered a toy!???? i think it is at best a decoration in one's house!

Found a new way to make use of my waffle machine... make sandwhiches! hahaha.. Dam.. should tell me earlier then I dun invest in the sandwhich machine.. just one waffle machine zou tian xia liao!

While strolling in Virgin Megastore, Max decided to listen to Jackie Evancho and got excited when he saw that one of the songs she is singing is called Angel... so he asked me to listen and I listened for like two seconds and told him I have heard of this song as we used this for joining (it is one of the activities I do at my psychology of vision workshops which is like an exercise to move through all the pain you have to reach love) all the time... so I passed the earphones back to him... and then after two sentences, Max started to tear! POWER MAN!

This month's Kdrama fascination is with Beethoven Virus. This is Max trying to smile like Kang Mae in BV.. hahahahaa.. throughout the whole series, we were so fascinated as to how can a person smile and frown/sneer.. all at the same time... Max tried for long long time also cannot come close.. in fact, this pic alone took 6 tries cos the 5 tries before, we kept bursting out laughing.. HARD!:)

My BV idol-- JGS as Little Gun Woo!

You see, there is always a difference between how men and women think. Throughout my life, I have met many women whom I think are dam pretty but dunno why my guy frens all dun think she is pretty. The so so ones my guy frens salivate..... Finally have a chance though to observe the difference in taste towards men between men and women.... Top is my fav character in BV.. bottom is Max's fav character.. I rest my case!:) hahahahahah...

But I also love tat ahjussi lah.. love his "ahem ahem" and love it when he lift and kicks his leg in midair whenever he plays the trumpet.. he looks like he is stepping on a dead cat! :)

And just FYI Kang Mae also dam handsome... 10 years ago!

Went to carrefour and saw ocean loads of fish slippers! Cute.. but unfortunately, not very practical or useful for me:)

Saw some interesting items at the gift shop.. I watsapped this to Ah Yee... cos she is the best sister ever!:) Okie, she is the ONLY sister I have.. hahahaha...

That is Max showing his middle finger to a sign that said "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life..." hahahahaha.. He cant stand a messy house but too bad he married a wife with VERY FULFILLING LIFE!:) But I am going to pack my house big time soon.. cos i keep thinking about the time I packed my house to sell it.. wah.. look dam nice like hotel like tat:) Wonder if I can achieve the same effect with a house where there are people LIVING in it!

Hahahaha... When Ace saw this picture, he asked Max "Why you say I drive you crazy..." And Max quickly said.. "But I love you no matter what.." phew.. wahahahahaha

Seen in a toy store in Dubai! RA STUFF! Horse and dog kiss and kitten keeps biting horse's bum! wahahahaha.. Note: these toys are not stationary.. they are the types where when you turn them on, they will move forward and open and close their mouths... go figure!

Oops, I din realize I have to keep my shoulders and knees covered all the time.. I dun show half cup lah.. but sometimes like true blue Singaporeans do, I still wear bermudas to shopping malls:) haahahahaha

Is this the reason why Max always holds my hand??? Hmmm......

Seen in IKEA Dubai! An arabic family having PICNIC in the ikea demo unit tentage.. food an drinks strewn all over! I tot this only happens in Ikea Shanghai (Top two pics) where the old folks have nowhere to go and where people do not understand what is civic mindedness!!!

I love sundried tomatoes and now I know tat you can BAKE them instead of sundry them! woohoo!

Saw a bird nesting in the pipes of my car park.. Alas after about 2 weeks, the bird seems to have shifted to a new home cos I never see it come back for long time liao..

March was quite satisfying in the mornings cos I get to go on youtube to watch Zui Huo Da Dang 2.. me and my sis always discussed on watsapp what is coming up next. As Dubai is four hours behind and I cannot watch direct.. only on youtube after someone has uploaded it (xinmsn sucks as they dun support viewing in Dubai), I am always one ep behind her... that is my sis trying to haolian to me that she is watching the last ep before me... BUT leh, no big loss.. wat a LAME and lousy ending of a fantastic series...

It's weekend here in Dubai... After Max's best friend Adam, went back to Malaysia, he hasnt been going out and drinking much...
Max: a Thursday night doesn't feel like Thursday without beer.
Me: So you ownself drink one pint also shiok lah...
(Max shoots me a shocked look n I wonder what did I say wrong.. 20 seconds later, Max still frozen in same expression..)
Me: what's wrong with you???
Max: ONE PINT???!!!
And I FINALLY understood WHERE I had GONE WRONG!;)

PS: Come April.. the band of three uncles started gathering again.. so Max started to go out drinking again.. sigh...

Japanese meal I made for the weekend.. Inari sushi, Burdock salad and japanese egg rolls with my Happy Call Pan:)

Visited the World Trade Centre and saw this beautiful painting.. dunno wat the arabic word in the middle means but I love the painting!

Wah, Max's favourite Mercedes going for only 60,000AED in Dubai.. tat is something like $20K sing only lor! Merc leh! Sports car leh! Tamade.. this amount probably only enough to buy the four wheels in Singapore or:(

Happiness! Max finally found the exact same shirt me and Ace have and bought it at 50 dirhams! SALE! Everywhere else is selling at least 5 times the price lor! HENG ga lao sai man!

Previous Post: Times Square Mall

No comments: