Monday, April 09, 2012

Happy Easter In Dubai

Easter is sort of like a big deal here in Dubai with the ang moh expats community.. so little wonder that just before the easter holidays, Ace's school organized a hat parade and his teacher gave them all some chocholates as an easter celebration.. I am not sure if Ms O'Donnell explained about good friday and easter to Ace but it seemed to me he is aware of the age old tradition of hiding the eggs before easter sunday and finding it... and so he bugged me about buying eggs to hide and find...

Our easter celebration started early! Started on Thursday when Ace came back from school.. inspired by a art and craft he did in school (an easter egg with a chick and a bunny mask), while travelling to the place where Max plays soccer, Ace made use of pieces of paper to make a bunny hat and an easter egg...


I got one set too:) hahahah.. nice or not:)

And then while we were waiting for Max to finish his soccer game, Ace used more paper and some staples to make me a bunny mask too:) He is very innovative.. in his school made mask, they were given straws to use as the stick.. but since he did not have any straws or sticks, he rolled up some paper and stapled them together! Very smart boy this is..


After that we went for dinner and we discovered a Vegan Burg equivilent.. sort of lah.. only tat they are not vegan... it is a burger place called Burger Fuel..

Their burgers are super big and super yummy.. but their prices are like Vegan Burg prices as well.. but i dun mind coming again :)

They also serve deep fried pumpkin balls:)

And then we walked around but couldnt find any easter eggs to buy.. we only found plastic ones but Ace wanted chocolate ones.. but leh, Ace got a little tired and hungry and asked for something to drink and eat... we ended up in Costa and sat by the fire place..

Ace tot it is a REAL fire place and did not dare to go too close to it until I touched it and showed him that it is a fake...

Found a lovely painting on the wall.. maybe we can do tat to one of our travel photos:)

No Easter chocholate egg, just make do with chocolate cake lor:)


The next day, we went walking around again... and by chance discovered that Ace's favourite Hemley's Toy Store has an easter game...


It is free registration and all you have to do is to go to the different stations to retrieve the different letters tat spells Hemleys...









Easy peasy.. completed within a short while:)

And time to exchange prizes..

It is a lollipop and a pair of nice sunglasses:)

So my son pretended that he was a star..

And I also pretended that I was one.. wahahaha:)

The next day, he bugged me again to buy some easter eggs and so after the Ben 10 show, we walked to spinneys to find.. after searching, i found a cheap and good deal of three big eggs sort of like Kinder Joy and comes with a little toy.. together with the chocolates that Ryo has given us, we have 5 pieces of chocolates (cos one was already in Ace's tummy)

When I woke on sunday morning, Ace bugged me and bugged me and kept asking me why I havent hidden the eggs.. "I tot you are going to hide while I sleep and let me find???"

While he was distracted playing, I hid the eggs and it took him but 5 mins to find all the eggs (with a little help from me of course)... and he was so happy to find and eat them!:)




And so, that ends our easter celebration.. maybe when we do go back to SGP, we should do tat too in memory of our time in Dubai;)

Previous Post:: Expensive Corn Equals Sweet Corn

No comments: