Sunday, April 08, 2012

Expensive Corn Equals Sweet Corn

I have found a good, nutritious and filling snack for Ace-- CORN!

And Ace loves it because corn is slightly sweet:)

For the past few weeks, I have taken to buying corn and steaming them for Ace as a snack. However, because I bought those cheap corn from indian or chinese supermarts, the taste is always like tasteless and so I had to add a little butter and suger to it for better taste:(

The other day, by chance, I bought some good quality corn from the ang moh supermart and when I steamed the corn, both me and Ace agreed it is the best corn ever.. so sweet lor!!!!!:)

Moral of story, next time can only buy expensive corn.. wahahahaha.. cheap ones taste yucky.. hahahahahah.. the good ones are so sweet they will make very good soup too:)


Anyway, I let Ace try eating corn the traditional way and he ended up having lots of corn stuck between his teeth.. so leh, I guess I have to go back to using the method I saw while watching Rachel Ray show..

Apparently, you also can put the corn on an inverted cup with a big plate or bowl underneath and just CUT out the corn kernels... then you just steam these corn kernels... equally yumny and dun have to have things stuck in your teeth:)

PS: The very sad thing is tat I dun see corn frequently in the ang moh supermart :S Hope can see them again soon... cos it is becoming a weekly necessity since I tried letting Ace take sweet potato and it did not work out cos he finds it not very nice...

Previous Post:: Ben 10 Show At Burjuman

No comments: