Tuesday, March 27, 2012

World Book Day

A few days ago, Ace came home with a brochure that looked too good to be true. It was a brochure from a bookstore called BOOKWORM and they were giving out FREE storybooks for World Book Day!:) Ace said he wanted to get a free book and I told him that he could if he could wake up early in the morning as I aspect lots of people to arrive and queue up and snap all the free books up within minutes based on my experience with FREE stuff in Singapore as the event started at 8am in the morning. "Ok, I will wake early..." Ace promised.

Ace was so "on" about this that the night before, he actually asked if I could set an alarm to wake us up on time. Alas, my alarm rang but no one bothered to wake up, so I continued to sleep lor:) Wahahaha..My good son suddenly realized that it is morning and finally woke at 8.30am... He quickly woke me and Max up and we finally left the house at around 9.30am...

When we arrived, to my surprise, the crowd was very very small. To my super surprise, they were giving out two books instead of one cos there were leftover books from last year! Gosh! How generous! And how incredible tat there was no long, snaking queue.. in fact, the books were just placed carelessly at the table in front of the shop. Anyone could walk in and take a few books away and no one could be wiser! I think if they were to do it this way in Singapore, some parents will definitely take 10 books on the sly and not buy a single thing! Wahahahahahaha


The very happy Ace chose 2 books that he liked and we went into the bookstore to take a look. Ace fell in love with this book about spying and so Max bought him the book...



Ace was so excited he started to open everything up and read immediately when we were in the car.

And for the next 1-2 weeks, I was constantly bombarded with request to do experiments or to read things aloud with him as he was constantly reading his spy books and his giant book of cool things which included jokes and science experiments as well. I havent had a chance to really look through the spy book but I know Ace has been happily using the invisible ink pen to write secret messages and has requested that his dad print 6 photos of him for him to make his spy ID and also some "fake IDs". Hahahahaha...

I just got a message in his SOS book that there is a dress up day on 26 April and the kids are encouraged to dress up as whatever they want to become when they grow up. I asked Ace what he would like to dress up as and thinking that we shouldnt waste his halloween costume, I asked if he would like to dress up as a policeman and he said, "No, I want to be a spy.. I want to dress up like a spy..."

"Erm, how do you dress up like a spy?"

"Just wear like James Bond lah.. and carry all the spy tools and toys that I have.."

Hahahahaha... Real spies dun dress like James Bond lor!!!! Will certainly take pics and post here when the day comes....

Previous Post: Deans Fujiya Japanese Supermarket

No comments: