Sunday, March 25, 2012

Money, The BEST Motivator

With his obsession with art and craft, Ace has been spending alot of time just putting things together and not so keen to do any work.. it did not help that I have been starting to prepare dinner earlier as well and have less time to coach him on his school work...

All the encouraging him to finish his work and also all the talk about working hard and doing well in school did not seem to work for him.. promise of chance to play kinect or iphone also no longer very attractive to him till Max came up with a brilliant idea...

Everynight before Ace slept, Max would go in, play with him and made him go through the 3 and 4 timestables.. and after practising for a few days, Max asked Ace to write them down tomorrow as homework...

"If by the time I am home, you have not done your homework, I will take $10 from your bank..."

This strategy worked like a charm!

The next day, without any reminder from me... and before he started playing, Ace just took out his notebook and started writing! wahahahahahahahaha... all by himself!

By the time his dad emailed me to ask me if his son has completed his homework, Ace has already finished writing everything out:) hahahah...

I guess his dad really knows which buttons to push! hahaha

Previous Post: Is This Boy Or Girl?

No comments: