Thursday, March 01, 2012

Feb's Random Pictures Pt 1

Have been so bz watching Kdrama that I have been lax in chasing up when it comes to my blog:)

Anyway, these are some random photos I took throughout the month of february and most of them dun warrant a post by itself.. so to take the lazy way out, I just lump them together and comment underneath the photo:)

That is the Ai Xin porridge I made for Ace when he was sick.. sweet peanuts specially provided for by ganma Annie when she visited us:)


Whenever people ask me what I think of Dubai... I will need to tell the story of the blue bridge. I find Dubai a very strange place... in many places they seem to imitate Singapore... but they always keep their own flavour.. and follow only halfway...

And so goes the story of the blue bridge which is a perfect example of tat... there is a blue bridge tat links health care city to the creek park tat is opposite it. Like the very established urban jungle Singapore is, they built this bridge very nicely.. complete with not just stair cases but also a lift to take you up to the bridge!:)

BUT... in order to go up the staircase or gain access to the lift (that, by the way, is not working), you will need to climb up a platform tat is almost as high as my waist.. as shown in the picture.. AND.. tadah! There are no steps leading up the platform! Can someone tell me wat the architects were thinking when they built this????

That is Ace with his new Nerf Gun that Ganma Annie bought him as a reward for being a goodboy... unfortunately, she met a lousy salesman who upsold her to buy more bullets but he recommended the bullets tat were not used for this gun! So looks like we have to keep them till we do buy the right guns:) wahahahahahah.. Anyway, this ganma is so xi xin lor..she not only provided gun and bullets but even bought batteries too!

And I am suitably impressed by my son too... I asked him to write thank you letter to Annie godma and so he dictated while I just typed.. he actually thanked her not just for the toy but also for all the wonderful things she has done for him.. and even added that he wanted to thank her on behalf of me and of Max... so sweet right?:P

That is us when we got bored at Diera City Centre.. so we went to have ice cream.. Cone chosen by Ace.. I dun really like sprinkles but wat to do, my son likes them...

I took a picture of this cos this barbie doll is called Couture Angel.. maybe tat is how I will look like if I were dressed in couture fashion:) wahahahahahha

So cute:) Book buddies with my name on them:)

I am told that my family is very suited for staying in Dubai cos it seems we have shops everywhere.. there is a Max building, Max departmental store, Angels children wear shop, Ace tools hypermart.. hahaha

That is Ace dilly dallying when I asked him to bath. He took a thousand years to remove his clothes and go into the bathroom and so I told him I will take photos of him if he doesnt hurry up.. he sped up and giggled but cannot help but still want to peek his head out to see if I am still taking photos:) And I REALLY DID.. wahahahahaha

I may look silly with a hat while I am at home.. but now tat winter is fading away, the weather is changing.. so is the direction and the path tat the sun is moving. During winter, 6.30am in the morning is pitch dark.. now at 6.30am, it is dam bright lor... looks like 8am in Singapore already!

And because of the change in the path of the sun.. come 12 noon to 2pm.. the sun will shine directly into my house, right at the spot where i sit to type this out to you.. and even though I am in a room with aircon, the direct sun beam gives me a headache! And so, I have no choice but to wear a hat to keep my head cool:) wahahaha


Feb is the month of many weddings.. a really good friend of mine got married but I was unable to make it back home for her wedding.. so I attended in spirit:) I requested tat my sisters took a photo, leaving a space for me to superimpose myself in.This is the best I can do with my limited photoshop skills;)

I heard there is some transformer convention in Singapore now. I think many parents might consider buying this if they sold this there:) It is a Optimus Prime costume that can transform itself from robot to car! How cool is tat! Alas, it comes at a hefty price tag and costs more than a hundred sing...

While at the toy shop, saw this unusual toy dedicated to godfathers;) Hehehe.. took pic and sent it to the two godfathers of my son:) They were very touched.. one of them says Ace really knows how to score points and tat he is "very dangerous".. wahahahahaha:P To bad though there was only one of it left and there isnt any soft toy for godmothers....

After watching Mission Impossible, alot of people asked me about the sandstorms in Dubai. This is how it looks like to my naked eye.. nothing as spectacular as in MI4. It is very annoying as just a short trip out means sand in your nose, ears and even scalp! Also, it will be good to wear sunglasses or the sand will get into your eyes. But I do enjoy watching the sand dancing on the roads as our car drove past... :D Too bad it was far too difficult to take a pic of that..

Everything, they say, is relative. Compared to a fren who relocated to Tengchong, China, I think dubai is a much more interesting city and much easier place to live as I can get most things easily... (my fren says in her part of the world, LOREAL shampoo is a luxury and you cannot find bee hoon!) And for whatever you might want but dunno where to find, there is always Dragon Mart.. the super market sellling all sorts of things from China... including not just the blackberry but the GREEN blueberry phone! wahahahahaha

I dunno how the service staff in the chinese restaurant see us.. hahahah.. the other day, we went to a PRC owned chinese restaurant where all the waiters and waitresses are PRC.. Max remembered there was this tasty dish that is made up of deep fried corn and pine nuts... so he found the picture and pointed to it.. Alas, the thing tat came was not wat was shown in the picture.. the dish tat came was stir fried corn with pine nut.. which had sauce.. but Max wanted a deepfried one without sauce... The waitress insisted this dish is Song Zi Yu Mi.. and we said we ordered based on the picture..

Then the waitress said tat the picture is not Song Zi Yu Mi.. it is Yan Su Yu Mi (salted crispy corn with pine nuts). Max insisted that they change since we ordered based on the picture... and told them tat yes we can read chinese but we din order based on the words, we ordered based on the picture.. it is their fault they used the wrong picture.. anyway, they did in the end change for us lah.. and the end result is quite yummy:P


That's Flash Boggle.. the current fad.. our adult friends are so smitten with this they are considering buying a set themselves and even asked if Ace can bring along during our gatherings:)

Ok, that is all for this post...

Previous Post: Hallyu Star Wannabe Ace

No comments: