Monday, March 26, 2012

Deans Fujiya Japanese Supermarket

All the Korean Dramas made me hungry for korean food...

So one night, while we were watching the drama leads eat bibimbap, I told Max maybe we could try making it at home...

"Haiya, just spend 40aed to eat it outside lah.." he said.. thinking that it is very difficult to make the bibimbap..."

But the graphic picture of the bibimbap planted a seed in my mind:)

So the next day, I decided to make some bibimbap after following an internet recipe. Since I did not have the sauce, I just mix watever I think can recreate the taste lah:)

As it was a great success, I am keen to try and do MORE:) Alas, the Japanese Korean supermart tat we frequent does not seem to sell alot of the things that i want. And also because we are running out of the Japanese sesame sauce that Seok Ling bought for us to make our fav burdock salad, I am determined to find tat elusive "other" japanese supermart that everyone has been telling me is near where I live...

The search started online and everyone mentioned this name Deans Fujiya. BUT, when it came to address, all it said usually is something like "near lamcy plaza.." And some websites listed it as within Karama.. some listed it as being in Oud Metha.. wa kauz.. even the people who drive there cannot describe it's exact location.

At last resort, I asked Max to call the shop with a number I got from the internet to have them give directions about how to get there.

No wonder we couldnt find this supermart. We passed by this supermart a million times but NEVER thought it is a japanese supermart cos there is nothing REMOTELY japanese about it and if you do not look closely and read the words on the sign board, you just miss it totally! Bad marketing I would say.. If it were up to me, I would put some posters and pics of Japanese foods at the window display..

We managed to find some really good beancurd skins to make inari and found that they sold the sesame sauce I wanted (just that they were out of stock when we went there....) Unfortunately though, they did not sell the hot pepper sauce used to make bibimbap. I will have to get tat from the other jap supermart..

While we were there, I found out they had a card with a MAP. I cannot understand why they CANNOT just post it on the website so that everyone can find the place easily. And so, to spare everyone else the agony of searching for the address of Deans Fujiya Dubai, I have decided to take picture of the card and post it here:) hehehehe...

If you cannot read maps, it is actually right round the corner where you can see the Adidas factory outlet diagonally across lamcy plaza.. just drive round tat bend and continue driving till you see Sunrise Supermarket on your left. Deans Fujiya is right opposite:) Funny how we can drive past this place so many times but miss it!

Anyway, the happiest person has to be Ace. I bought some corn soup powder (for making white sauce spaghetti.. another one of his favourites) and some inari skins. Am definitely coming back again!:)

Previous Post: Money, The BEST Motivator

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angel. Many thanks for the direction and the map. i was searching hi and lo for this place, even ended up in Movenpick hotel to ask for directions. None of them could lead me to the right direction. In the end, we gave up!! Anyway, will try again soon and hope that we can find it next time!

<*ANGEL*> said...

If you follow the map featured here, you cant miss it!:) Happy shopping!