Monday, February 13, 2012

Choice


I was watching a video of Whitney Houston singing When You Believe and my son asked me what is that..

Me: That is Whitney Houston.. she died yesterday...so I am watching my fav song that she sings on video..

Ace: Why did she die yesterday? Why not another day?

Me: Haiyo, how to answer this question. Ace, in life, you can make your own choices but there are some choices you cannot choose.. like who your parents are, when you are born and when you will die...

Not everyone gets to choose when to pass on.. some people dun have a choice and just die..

Ace: No, mummy.. that is not right. you have a choice in everything! Even you can choose your parents.... I looked for you and look for daddy and found you and choose you!

(Suddenly realize the wisdom in my son's words and realize that he is speaking from a much higher spiritual plane than I am because on a higher level, everything that happens in our life is a result of our choice.. even who are our parents and when we die..)

Me: You are right, Ace! So... why did you choose me and daddy?

Ace: Because I like you and daddy lah...

Me: Any other reason?

Ace: There is no one else mah...

Me: You mean you chose us because there were no other choices??

Ace: No, I mean that there were other choices but I still choose you because I like you and daddy.. But last time hor mummy, there are not as many choices as now....

Wah lau eh, which planet is Ace Chua from?:P

Previous Post: Ace, The Sushi Chef!

No comments: