Friday, February 24, 2012

Angel's Caricature

I have had my caricature done a few times in my life... But I have yet to have one done tat looks like me.. Perhaps that is the whole point.. to have it NOT look like you:) Hahahahah.. Actually, i would like it to look BETTER than me.. and carry off what I stand for... But well, I guess it is really dependent on the artist's intepretation..

A few months back, during the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note in Dubai, they had artists drawing in shopping malls.... they were drawing portraits of people using the note and draw function inside the Galaxy Note... the artistes seem to be from Korea and Japan and they were really good.. alas, by the time I saw them, it was almost 11pm and too late for me to do a portrait.. so I din hang around to queue for my turn...

The other day, while we were out and about with Ace, we walked into the Samsung flagship store by chance and found that they were doing caricature drawing in a little corner.. and so I queued up for my chance to be drawn!:)

And because i was speaking singlish to Ace, the in charge asked me if I was Singaporean and we had a pleasant, short chat:)

What was not so pleasant is that while I was queuing, i realized that this artist since to makes whoever he draws much uglier! :S I prayed hard and sent him lots of love so tat I will get a better drawing....

And finally.. it was my turn..

Even though this already doesnt look like me.. i feel it looks cute.. so still quite a good start...

OMG! Is he trying to capture how I will look like 20 years later if i do not take good care of myself!??:P

Dam.. my face shape is not like tat at all leh.. and what happened to my nicely shaped brows??



Anyway, this is the end result...

I did some photoshop editing on it and I think.. this is much more like me leh:) But I am no photoshop expert and not much of an artist.. so tat is the best I can do..

Darn, should have done it when the japanese artists were here.. Haha.. I think go try again another day at another store with hopefully another better artist!

I think I definitely look better in real life! hahahaha...

Previous Post: Angry Bird Workshop

No comments: