Friday, January 13, 2012

New Years Eve Party

Right after we returned from the dessert safari trip, we sent Ace to his godma's house and then we went home to prepare to PARTY the night away...

Max intially was a little apprehensive... "Aiyah, maybe we should have booked the package with included new year celebration.." he said. But I think it was a good choice to go home early cos I dun think the old folks can tahan a long night:)

Anyway, while on the way to Annie ganma's hotel, Annie godma and Ace started planning for their own party cos i think from where they stay, they can actually see quite a few fireworks;)

Anyway, we made our way to Ratsky's to meet our frens who have gathered elsewhere for dinner prior to this...

"Oi, why you all not here yet?"

Sitting down and waiting for the others to arrive...

And when they did arrive, they brought with them many of those party hats:) wahahaha.. Max gamely posed for the camera for me;)





Max initially said tat the girls here are prettier.. alas, they changed band liao.. so even though the singing was not bad.. the girls are not much to look at... but the botak MC reminded me of a good fren, Richie, who is also bald now... brings back memories of him being the MC at my wedding:) wahahaha...


Counting down.....

Other people go and squeeze while we count down in front of TV.. can see the fireworks so clearly lor;) wahahahahaha..

The bus driver who drove us home from the desert safari told us that the people are silly to drive to the fireworks... it is like a 4 hour drive there (cos of the jam) and by time you get there, it may be already over and another 4 hour drive home... totally not worth it.. i think watch in front of TV is better;)


The guys trying to act cool...

The botak made diff pple from diff countries sing... VERY UNFORTUNATELY, we were conveniently classed together with the PRCs there....

Max drink more liao do xiao things like play with drum lah.. act funny...




Well, this indian guy kept coming to max and hugging and kissing him.. I tot he is gay or wat.. later I found out tat he was just trying to con beer off our table... dam ah neh!!!



Game time and you supposed to bring something to stage.. the MC asked for bring a shiny bald head.. and only Max fit the bill.. wahahaha. we won 6 bottles of beer but got conned of one bottle by some ah neh.. see, ah neh again.. not I want to be bias... wahahahahahaha....

But max say, it is a prize and an extra and it is abundance, he doesnt mind sharing.. so gave him one lor...



Yum seng!!!

I got molested twice in 2 minutes by two diff ah neh on my way to the toilet and Max apologized profusely for not being there to protect me (Actually I hit those guys on their hands.. I was thinking after tat tat next time anyone touch me, I am going to not hit their hands but am going to SLAP THEM!!!!!) Anyway, after tat, Max says he will only have two goals.. protect ME.. and PROTECT this hat tat he wants to bring home for Ace:) wahahahaha.. actually I was very afraid max will go bash those guys up and hurt himself... but he handled it quite gracefully... cos one of them tried to come to our table and molest another of our girlfrens at our table and I asked Max to shoo him away... Max talked to him nicely twice and he still pretend to act blur and hang around... until max rub fist and show muscle then he finally go far far away...





Max pretending to be 007 in the lift of our apartment:) wahahaha

Anyway, while we were out having fun, Ace was also having his own party lor.. godma Annie brought him to supermart and it was like a shopping spree.. anything he pointed to, SHE WILL BUY! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is all the things tat he asked me to buy for him but i DID NOT!!!!!!!!!! Like his biggest wish come true lor! Hai.. Ace always meet very generous godmas or frens who just like to indulge him....

Most of it they din finish but dabao home after tat lor.. until today I still havent finished eating them all:) wahahahaha...


Ace trying to go to the pool to watch the fireworks....

Afterward, he started being creative and made vouchers for his godma...

And he even wrote a farewell letter... one tat upon receiving and opening up to read, made godma Annie teary eyed cos she cant bear to leave him...

And what is a party without some snacks... Ace had fun eating cheetohs and picking out diff "statues" and trying to define what shaped statue tat is..



Finally zzzzzz

Next morning out for breakfast;)


And saying goodbye to the view in their room.. nice hor:)

Tat is godma Annie, god grandma and lao uncle saying goodbye to Ace...

Moment they left and we got on our car, Ace cried non stop and was as inconsolable as when Max had left us in Singapore to go dubai.. I guess he doesnt take farewells very well... and he actually cried like 3,4 times that day.. cos he says he miss them already.. especially Annie godma and he keeps telling me all the nice things she did for him like blow dry his hair and blow dry his shoes... luckily, it lasted only 2 days and he was sort of back to normal...

We tried to use this hat to cheer him up but he was only happy for a while.... when bedtime came, he told me he wanted to cry again cos he miss godma annie and wants to see her now... hai..

I gave him a prep talk about how people come and go and told him that even me, his mother will one day leave him when I die.. But i guess it was bad timing on my part and he cried even harder and screamed, "Why you talk about you die... I dun want you to die!" And sobbed even louder...

But since I already started on this thread, I see it as a lesson he has to learn and so I hugged him and told him that even if he doesnt see me, I will still love him... but I will grow old and I will die.. it is a fact he cannot change... and just patiently waited for him to cry it out.

Later, he explained tat he was really upset cos he says if me and daddy die, he will be all alone in the world. I told him by then he would probably have his own family and his wife.. and if anything should happen to both his dad and me, we already have an agreement with Ah Yee tat she will take care of him like her own son.... and we would do the same for her... so Ace felt better after tat.. even though I think the very fierce ah yee who always threaten to make him do homework is not his idea of a fun mummy:) wahahahah...

Anyway, the next day as I was trying to wash the clothes I found this in the pocket of the trousers he wore to desert safari... souvenir from the desert and i guess lingering reminder of the wonderful holiday we spent with the Leo family for a good 10 days...

Previous Post: Desert Safari With Godma Annie's Family

No comments: