Wednesday, January 25, 2012

CNY 123

For me, CNY really just flew past in a flash!

Especially the first three days... The thought of having to squeeze five adults and one kid into the small car under the hot sun.. and running around to a few different places for me is a good enough reason to choose to dress relax then dress up in my cheongsam.. wahahaha.. and the tot of it just conjures one word in my mind- TIRING!

But what to do? Tradition is tradition.. I still remember feeling excited about all new years where I dun have to make required trips to other people's homes (my grandma stays with me and my mum is only child) and just relax and enjoy collecting ang pow and eating CNY goodies:)

I wonder though to Ace, what does CNY feel like and what does it signify to him. As I was typing this, I asked Ace if he liked CNY and he nodded his head and said, "Mm..."

When I asked him why.. he answered "Because got lou hei lah.. because the lou hei very hao chi what.. " Whahahaaha.. realy tam chiak lor this boy!:)

Anyway, first day of CNY came and went.. we as usual visited the same few elders in the Chua family and went home for a rest before heading to Max's parents house for the traditional CNY day 1 party.... As I did not have time to find my shoe in my boxes, I had to wear this old shoe I havent worn in years and it died on me halfway! wahahahahaha...


As they say, blood is thicker than water... when Ace saw Nana, his cousin, they just naturally clicked and played together:)

And then, after going home in the wee hours and zzzing, the next morning is another round of visiting... this time is Max's mum side of the family... before making our way to my grandma's house for the traditional Peng Family gathering..

This year is full force lor:) My cousin who has migrated to Perth is back with her 4 kids.. my other cousin, even though he could not be here (because he runs a lion dance troupe) had his wife bring their two kids over as well... so we had so many children... we left the children to lou hei for us instead:)

I wonder if these children will grow up close to each other since they only see each other like once a year.. wonder if these cousins, will like us, enjoy many happy moments together and many happy games together.... (I think Qing, Yee, Quan, Xuan will remember our favourite game.. "Bee Dees.. bee dees.. bee bee bee bee bee bee bee...." and catching using Yeye's bed wahahahahaha)



Since we are here full force, have to take picture mah:) tat is us getting ready to take photo...




Okie pose CHEEESE!

Now for a funny one...

Then everyone else left and then Ace started playing with gongong...


Afterward, we went to kaikan to chant...My good son chanted halfway and started having a conversation with gohonzon... "Gohonzon.. can you please give me a didi.. also, can you let my teeth drop so that I can become boh gay...." wah lau... he heng he no kenna scolding from my mum:) wahahaha

After all the chanting, we decided to have a quick dinner before goiong to Annie ganma's house to visit them... Max ordered food and ask me wanna share a porridge. I said OK and then when the food came, I peng san!

This crazy man go and order $5 worth of chai tow kway.. $5 worth of fried kway tiao... Somemore is spicy one.. even though Ace was there, he already had dinner and doesnt eat spicy food so he cannot help much..

But hor, dunno where Ace find the courage to eat spicy food tat day.. in the end, he ate quite alot of the chai tow kway.. heng ah!

Went to Annie godma house still got alot of thigns waiting for us lor.. ice cream lah.. crackers lah.. etc etc etc...

Third day of new year finally early morning can rest abit... I had intended to colour my hair with the hair colour that I bought before lor.. but have been so bz i got no time to colour it... Even then, I still cannot find time to colour my hair lor!

Anyway, thanks to Ah Yee, our whole family went for a movie outing together while Max took care of Ace. We went to watch the Mediacorp movie, Long Zhong Wu..

If you ignore the lame storyline, it is actually quite funny lah:)

In the cinema, we were thinking when was the last time our whole family went to watch a movie.. i think hor.. if whole family hor, would be when I was in primary school.. watch Kai Xin Gui leh...

Cos I went with my mum and sis to watch Liang Popo and 881 before but never with the whole family... It was sort of nice to have a breather and to spend time with my family even though watching movies are sort of an anti social activity to me...

And so, that is our CNY 123 in Singapore...

Previous Post: Reunion Dinners

No comments: