Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ace's Best Friends

As our trip back home to Singapore was a very short one... minus the required neccesities of CNY, we did not really have alot of time to meet up with many people. So in the end, I only met the people who have way in advanced booked my time.. first come first served:) wahahahaha...

And because my sked is so tight (I had a few appts and tonnes of errands to run everyday.. no time to rest!), by the time I am done with my planning almost everyday is full... with ONE SMALL slot on chu san evening to BREATHE...

At this point, Ace asked me if he could arrange to meet up with his best friends from Kinderland YT and HB. While I was in contact with HB's parents, I did not know how to get into contact with YT.... I told him we dun really have time and he kept asking and asking for a few days straight and kept saying please please please please please to me and so I decided to help him arrange during tat one slot I have free...

Once I got back into Singapore, I started smsing HB's mum and then through Ace's kindergarten teacher and his other classmate, H's mum, I managed to get YT's contact:)

As it was a school day, it was really Ace's lucky day that they both agreed to meet in the evening after school!:)

Now, let me just say that my experience of YT and HB is that they are both GENTLE and QUIET little boys.. so I always wondered why they are good friends with the very noisy Ace...

When they arrived, I found out why lor!

We were first to reach... YT arrived later and then the moment they saw each other, they were hugging each other with joy and laughing and giggling so happily... it is like the joy cannot be contained and this joy just seem to fuel their whole being such that the both of them started to be super active and running and hiding around the whole macdonalds!

There was no need for words or even gestures.. there was even no need to discuss what they want to play or do.... they just both unanimously sprang into action and started playing hide and seek inside Mac Donalds! Wahahahaha

Nothing we said or did could stop them!!!!! It was truly a sight to behold! It is the first time I see YT so excited and active! He and Ace same pattern one! They laugh at the same jokes, enjoy doing the same things and it just seem like no time has passed between them! You know how they say tat good frens are those whom even if you have not met them for a long time, once you meet, it feels as if no time has passed and you just pick up from where you left off? That was how it was with the boys lor...



Then we encouraged ace to take out the Boggle game he has to play.. so that they wouldnt run around the whole restaurant... Max almost went crazy with all the noise:) wahahaha..





And then leh, 20 min later, HB joined in with his bro and the boys spent the next hour playing non stop in the playground... Max says he really cannot tahan having the boys running around like that... But well, I think boys are just boys:)


Before we ended the gathering, we decided to take a group photo but even so, they cannot stand still to take a proper photo!:P


But I am really glad tat Ace got to meet up with his good friends. Apparently, his kindergarten class has been arranging meet ups once a month and it seems that whenever they meet, the whole jim gang goes crazy like these boys did at Mc Ds:)

I guess most of them have been together since they were 2 or 3 years old.. so tat really counts for something:) Would be nice if we can do this again when we go back again..

Anyway, while they were playing, we parents just chit chat lah.. and at this age, the topic is of course about homework.. wahahahahaha:) According to them, there is weekly spelling and alternate days, they will have homework.. weekend usually has alot of homework... and on top of that sometimes some of the children also go for extra lessons or tuition....

I think Ace is just plain lucky to be in Horizon.. school of no homework:)

Also, when I was smsing H's mum, she told me she had to go to school to see the teacher for "behavior issues". I know H is a rather active child like Ace. I dun really think he has behavioral issues but I think the teachers in sgp are just not so used to handling children who do not sit still and follow all instructions given.

Ace's teacher tells me he is quite fidgety when at his desk. he cannot seem to sit still but because he hands in his work on time, and always completes his task as he is told and because Ms O'Donnell thinks boys are just more active, she doesnt really mind as long as he hands in his work properly and on time... i am thinking if Ace were in a school in sgp, I would also probably get many calls from his teacher complaining tat he cannot sit still!:) wahahahaha...

This little boy is very heng lor! But leh, I guess when he goes back to Singapore, he will just learn a different set of skill sets as compared to those tat he learns here:) I wouldnt worry much about him cos he seems to be doing ok in school so far and keeping up ok without much help from me:)

Previous Post: CNY 123

No comments: