Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rainbow Shiek's Car Museum

The other time when our friends went over to the Abu Dhabi, they told us that they would be visiting the car museum and I did some research about this place..

Apparently, the car museum was opened by Sheikh Hamad bin Hamdan Al Nahyan (Arabic: حمد بن حمدان آل نهيان‎) (also known as The Rainbow Sheikh), who is a member of the Abu Dhabi Ruling Family in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

He is super rich and has a collection of more than 200 cars. And in 1983, he he acquired seven Mercedes 500 SEL, one for each day of the week, which the firm Styling Garage in Germany painted in the colours of the rainbow complete with matching interior. The vehicles also included gun racks on the inside of the boot lid which held several M16 rifles. The guns were painted to match the cars.

So when our friends told us that they missed out on the chance to visit the museum the last time and are going again, I was sort of excited to go too.. since I think Ace and Max will enjoy it too..

Anyway, this Rainbow Shiek is really rich lor. Apparently, he is so rich that he actually carved out his name on an island that he owns and the carving is so big and deep it can be seen on google earth!

Check out the youtube video here:



Anyway, when we first arrived, we were already so intrigued by all these really big items we saw outside the museum.. appparently the big globe is a vehicle and has got rooms inside it.. so is tat dark green thingy with a satelite on top.. I think he built these and used them like RV vacation homes...

Anyway, there used to be free entry into the museum but now they charge entry fees for adults while it is still free for children..


Are these wheels big or wat??!!

Anyway, the shiek also built this really really big world's largest truck; a replica of a classic Dodge Power Wagon, but eight times the original Power Wagon size This has four bedrooms inside the cabin. The vehicle can ACTUALLY moves, and it weighs over 50 tonnes.

I wish the shiek will donate some of his money to me man.. hahaha.. I can think of a few things I can do with the money already.. wahahaha;)



When you are a shiek and very rich.. you can design your car anyway you want and put your name on every single one of them if you want:)

You can also own not one but maybe twenty open top convertibles, 1o military cars and a large number of assortment of vehicles that most people have never seen before..


Rolls Royce anyone?:P





That's an electric car. I wonder how far it can travel once it is charged up..



That is a really cute rainbow coloured Beetle:) hahaha

So now you know why he is called the Rainbos Shiek cos alot of his cars has got a rainbow design on them:)


The black car on top is the Hudson car in the Cars movie.. you know, the former champion of race hidden in that old town?

Top left corner... the ugliest truck I have ever seen and it turns out to be a LAMBORGHINI!!!!

I think the Shiek also fancies having lots of pictures on their cars:)





Here's one for my friends who are Star Wars fans:) wahahaha..


There is even a mini wheel tat is made from a huge wheel and tonnes of plastic balls so after a while while we are tired, we just sat there and let Ace play.. hahaha:)

While we were there, the security guard was sitting there and he pointed this out to us... This little beauty here is the FIRST ever steam engine Mercedes Benz and it costs like 1 mill USD!:)

Bling bling seats for yoru car, anyone? And for the pics in the bottom half.. I really cannot tell whether that is a car or an airplane.. hahaha:)


Presenting.... RAINBOW Shiek's 7 rainbow coloured Merc:)



I din know taxis are for sale!!!!!

And where the hell did he get a POLICE CAR???




There is a second level and here is the view from the second level...




Me with my million dollar car:)




This is how big the wheel of that big red truck is lor.. the wheels are so big my hubby and son can both fit on the inside of the wheel... i think still got room for me too!:)



behind the museum, I saw a few of these BIG model trucks again. You cannot tell from these pics but they are as big as the dodge power wagon we saw inside the musuem.. i wonder he build so many super mammoth models for wat purpose..


Group photo:)

Taking a break before deciding where to go later..

Then we saw a super big car.. and turns out, it is a cafe at the top half n a supermart on the lower half..
Just to let you have an idea of how big it is, I let Max and Ace stand there as reference point..


Beautiful sunset on our way home...

And so, that spelt the end of our very colourful visit to the car museum:)

PS: My son asked me WHY the Shiek did not donate his money to the poor and help them instead of buying so many cars. I told him that perhaps the shiek did donate money.. just tat we do not know... "Would you donate ALL your money when you are rich or will you also use some of it to buy things you like like a ferrari and a beautiful house?" I asked him.

I also explained that that is the Shiek's money.. so, he is FREE to use however he likes;) we are in no position to judge because in future when Ace is rich, he wouldn't like it if people judge him when he buys his Ferrari and ask him why he never donate to a charitable cause instead... RIGHT?:P And Ace nodded..

Also, I explained to him that donating money is NOT the way to help poor people. Because it creates an imbalance and wanting to help by giving money cos they are so "poor" is actually just a hidden way of saying, "I am better than you.. I am richer than you.. you are such a poor thing..." which puts the person at the receiving end in a VICTIM position. Soon, the poor person will become a poor AND LAZY person because he will think "I am such a poor soul, I need help from Ace and Ace will give me money anyway..." And tat makes him a worse person than before...

"IS tat helpful for him?" I asked Ace.. He shook his head.. and so I explained that a more helpful way is to actually help them get a way to earn money for themselves... if they earn more money and slowly become as rich as Ace, wouldn't that help them more? And Ace agreed.

I know he "got it" cos a few days later, he told me a make belief stories that he made up about fairies and it started with, "Once upon a time, there were many fairies and they went to a very old village with many poor people. The fairies were very rich and they wanted to g..." Ace paused for a while, thought for 1 second and continued... "The fairies used their money to build alot of buildings in the village so that they can create more jobs in the village..."

hahahaha.. i am so proud of my son:P

Previous Post: Charlotte's Web.. I mean PAD

No comments: