Sunday, December 18, 2011

Kara Yong Yuan OK!

I have always enjoyed singing;)

Because of my love for singing.. I like to go karaoke and belt out a song or two with my friends:) Before I came over to dubai, I was thinking what I can do in Dubai to fill up my time and decided tat if I ever do have to relocate to dubai, I would buy myself a kinect.. and a karaoke system so tat I can sing at home;) wahahahah...

Anyway, I found out later tat there are a few karaokes in Dubai... not very nice, or grand or with lots of songs like in sgp.. but they will do.. since I sing old songs anyway :) wahahaha..

The other day when Lily suggested that we go karaoke, I was happy to oblige.. happiest is tat I can bring my son along as I know Ace loves to sing too:) As for Max, he was just happy to go cos there is BEER:) ahahaha

That's Max posing and pretending to be cool.. Okie, he is not pretending.. he is REALLY COOL:) wahahahaha


That's Ace all excited and playing with the mic...

The very unfortunate thing is this... the karaoke that we went to is a cheena ching chong type of karaoke.. they have mostly chinese songs and very very small selection of english songs like the oldies... The biggest problem is that all the songs that my son likes and knows how to sing like Time of the Night, All You Need Is Love, Can't Smile Without You, Mr Sandman... all cannot be found in their song list!

So the next best thing I did.. I chose a song tat would allow Ace to dance as I sang.. wahaha:) at least he gets to be involved...

Besides, he has a reason to be happy.. drinks were included in our package and so Ace was very happily drinking away the coke.. till we told him that he only has TWO cups allowance...

That's him slyly taking another sip while he tot no one was watching...

This is the song of god, Gan... he any song also can sing one.. chinese, cantonese, english.. you name it, he can sing it! Good ah!

Note: Ace is secretly sipping his coke again....

This one female singing god, Charlotte:) Hahahahaha... the one in white... is accompanying dancer.. wahahahahahahahaha

After a while, Ace got very bored... and also upset cos no matter how we tried, we couldn't find any song that he can sing or knows how to sing...

To entertain him, his new best fren, Lee Sir gor gor played games with him lor.. they teach him how to play Five Ten.. wahhahahahahahaah.. and Ace was happy to LOSe cos he wants to drink his coke!!!!!


Then I chose another dance hit "Bu Ru Tiao Wu" by Chen Huiling and my male dancers Lee Sir Gor gor and Ace Chua Di Di started dancing in front liao.. wahahaha



So action right?:P


Then Max surprised himself by singing a duet with me:) wahahaha.. it is a new song that I am still learning to sing called Mei Na Me Jian Dan by Huang Xiaohu...

Apparently, Max can sing this song cos our good fren, AC passed him the mp3 of this song and he loaded it in his car player and he has heard it a few hundred times liao.. wahahaha:) I told the others they should buy 4D cos Max dun anyhow open golden mouth one...:)


Ace tried to dance for us... but after a while he also xian liao..

Unexpectedly, someone chose the song... by the Wen Na Wu Hu.. you know.. kenny B, Alan Tam band? they sang this song during their concert tat goes, "My heart goes shalaalala.. shalala in the morning...." and since it was catchy and there is lyrics and it is just repeating the same lyrics.. Ace finally had a song to sing along!



And the boys CHEERS to the main reason why they are here:) BEER!

Now tat he can sing a segment of the song, Ace is motivated and continued to try to find another song that he can sing..

He finally found this song which is a little ditty about walking, jumping and hopping to school.. something for preschool kids I think cos it keeps repeating.."I will walk walk walk to school.. walk to school.." and it just replaces the verb with other verbs like hop or jump...

And then... qi mi kway tok dio tang... Max chose this song called Puff the Magic Dragon... and Ace started singing merrily away with Lee Sir.... I was so impressed the both of them can sing a song that they have never heard before.. and sing till wu lai wu kee lor!

Then Lee Sir told me a few days later that he actually has learn this song before when he was in school.. yet another few days later, Ace told me that he has also learnt this song in school before...

There are not many children's song that I do not know how to sing and so i am very curious about this one tat I have never heard of in my life till now:)

I went to google it and found it to be some sort of adult- children's song tat seems to be famous in the 60s about how people grow up and hardships in life made them stop believing in fantasy...

Here's a video of it..


Previous Post: Heritage Park

No comments: