Saturday, December 17, 2011

Heritage Park

Part 2 of our day out was to visit the Heritage Park cos there was supposedly some sort of celebration activity going on in Heritage Park during the National Day Holiadys...
These, by the way, are the old houses tat the people in Dubai used to live in some 50-60 years ago. Looking at their skycrapers now.. you cannot help but marvel and how much they have grown and how fast they have developed...


There was a stage area and chairs but no performers and no audience.. sigh..

But Max and Ace sat down anyway just to rest their feet:)

Then as true blue singaporeans always can find yummy food.. we found this uncle making traditional sweets (which i DID NOT buy.. cos based on experience, will be too darn sweet for our liking)...

And these aunties making local delights.. they look like indian desserts to me though:)

Ace looking hungry...

Yums! This one is like pancake with syrup.. the twist is tat the pancakes has got some sort of spice in them:)

This one looks like tissue prata to me lor:) hahaha.. in fact, taste the same...haha



And then we saw some people rehearsing on stage lor.. they dancing to arabic song while twirling not batons but RIFLES!

They even had rehearsal for the police dog who was going to perform how it can sniff out drugs or something like tat...


And then we decided to walk around and walk along the creek a little bit lah:) cos the Heritage village like nothing much liao...

We discovered on the side near the creek, there are more activities... I din know just parking a few good looking harley davidson bikes there can also be considered novelty booth.. hahaha:)






And then we walked to this place which looked like it was some museum..

Took a picture with the signboard tat had the official poster for their 40th National Day:)

Anyway, the lamp building is actually the house of one of the shieks but it has been made into a museum now...

Inside, there is alot of explaination about Islam as a religion. And while the western world always talks about and writes about how the middle east treat women badly, it is interesting that based on my observation here, and like what this poster is saying, I think Islam actually promotes protecting women and being extra kind to them:) hahaha...





The three good frens resting... cos very tired after walking so much:)

I found out also that Islam Quran has alot of similarities with Christianity. In fact, in one of the rooms, there is a WHOLE segment of exhibits that are devoted to explaining about NOAH's ARK and also the story of Adam and Eve.. both familiar to me as Christian stories from the bible...(that I studied when I was in secondary school)...





And then we explored furthur and found a camel museum...

It had lots of exhibits talking about how camels are important to the normads and how they were useful for doing trade etc... I was complaining about how there were no camels there and found as stuffed one in one of the rooms.. mighty eerie if you ask me...

This is one of the first pics they have taken of camels..

Sadly though, no camels in the yard.... Would have been nice to have a real life one here right?


Before we left, we discovered the chairs in the yard are actually very comfy..

So comfy that our two friends here contemplated just running away with them.. wahahahaha;)

And then we came to the creek and took another rest...


Ace, who is usually a scaredy cat had a sudden display of bravery... he saw some people seated on the railing by the creek and without saying a thing, he just walked over, climbed over and sat there.....

When I saw him do that, my legs turned into jelly lor! I was so afraid tat he would fall into the sea.... When I tried to support him, he said, "No, I can do it on my own.."

And then I asked Max to come and take a look and Max gave me a "Wow" look and then decided to test Ace.

He looked around the area and surveyed it for a bit...




And then he had an idea... he told Ace that if he walked to this 10cm wide, 1.5 metres long plank tat was sticking out of the edge of the creek... and stood there, he would give Ace 3 dirhams.. My son, instead of saying that he is scared (which is his usual reply) just turned and started to walk towards the plank! Max's heart almost dropped out of his chest! I almost fainted on the spot!

My god! My son is getting very "wu ji" (got seeds) now... Max says now he is the one who 玩不起.. cos cannot dare him liao.. wahahaha:)

Anyway, I talked to Ace and asked him why he is suddenly so brave.. climbing high, doing things he din dare to do.. jumping into the pool... he said very simply that he made a decision..."I decided I don't want to be a scaredy cat anymore and just be brave.."

Wow.. so, not just happiness is a choice... even COURAGE.. is merely a choice:) So whenever you are fearful.... remember tat.. this is a great lesson my son has taught me:)

I took this pic cos I tot the single boat with a single bird looks kind of poetic ...hehe

Single boat with lots of flying birds also not bad.. hahah


Then I took tonnes of photos trying to capture the birds in their flight.. these are a few of my best shots... Let me just say i got no skill.. it was a matter of luck.. just snap away.. :) hahahaha




I like this one cos they look like they are dancing:) But actually, they are eating cos someone was throwing bread into the creek and feeding them:)




Then we decided to go back to our car and we passed a real life camel:)

"Ain't I cute?:P" said the camel..



I think the camel finds me cute too cos he looks like he is trying to kiss me!;) wahahahaha





Then we saw horses and this very kind uncle walked to us and motioned us to take photo with him.. such a nice man!


This horse is available for riding if you pay.. but all it got was not customers but just pple staring at it.. wahahaha:D

Anyway, we made our way to have dinner at The Red House.. a little Chinese restaurant nearby... initially Ace did not want to go as my son is very atas.. he only likes to go restaurant tat looks classy and nice... food nice or not is not so impt to him.... Everytime we try to go red house, he will complain tat he dun like the place because it is very old... But we explained tat when we do things in a group... we follow wat most pple want to do.. we dun complain when they dun want to go where we want to go.... and so he went along..

The restaurant turned out to be rather crowded and so we got to seat in the second storey.. the second storey was recently painted i think.. so it looks a little more new...plus it is interesting for Ace to sit in this room tat looks like an attic... I have this thing about attics and maybe Ace inherited it.. and so Ace decided tat he now LIKES Red House and actually bugged us to bring him there again a week later... Hahahaha

Previous Post:Daytime Walk By The Creek

No comments: