Friday, December 02, 2011

Barnaby Bear Brings Us To Ace's New Girlfriend

Well, about a week ago, Ace came home from school and brought this soft toy bear home. "Whose bear is this?" I asked him and he said that this is Barnaby bear and whoever gets the bear is supposed to write about their country...





When we reached home, I found out that it is a little scrap book being passed around the class where the children can share with others in the class about their country..

What a fantastic idea!

Anyway, I took a few pics of the pages inside.. these are all the people whom he is closer to in class.. that's Fergus from Scotland. He is the class clown and Ace's good friend in class since the both of them are such clowns.. hahahaha:)

And meet Emma from UK... Ace's secret crush in Horizon School 2F.. wahahahaha... when he initialy started out, he said that there are no pretty girls in his class but a few weeks ago, he shared with max that there is this girl that he likes in class and her name is Emma...

Here's a close up of Emma.. she is the one in pink.. chio or not?:P

This is done by James... another good friend of Ace.... who is from Australia...

That's Damien from France and also good pals with Ace...

That's Dominic... also from australia and he is the little boy that Ace followed around the whole night during the Autumn Hallloween Party...

That's Mehere... the little girl who kept talking to Ace throughout the whole of their assembly performance becaus she was seated next to him.... according to Ace, she is very friendly:)



The pic above is Joseph from New Zealand.. he is Ace's best friend in his class...

That's James... whom Ace plays with often as well.. also from Australia

So as you can see, they are a very international group there..

Anyway, this presented me with a problem.. so how do we want to share with others about what Singapore is about? There are so many things I wanted to talk about... Me and Ace had a discussion and he decided that he wanted to talk bits about Singapore in this order:
- Food
- How Singapore is a safe place
-Weather
- His fav hotel in Singapore: Marina Bay Sands
- Special days/festivals in Singapore

And this is what we had planned to do:

SINGAPORE
My name is Ace and I am from a sunny island called Singapore.

Singapore is a food paradise. We have lots of yummy food in Singapore. These are the most famous foods in Singapore.


But I am a vegetarian.
My favourite foods are egg sushi and inari sushi.


Singapore is a very safe place.There are no natural disasters like earthquakes or tsunamis. And our police force keeps the country safe.
I want to be a Policeman when I grow up.

Hot, Sunny, Singapore
Singapore is hot and sunny everyday.

But sometimes it will rain and when I hear thunder, I feel scared.


My favourite place in Singapore
I love the Marina Bay Sands hotel in Singapore. I went there with my Mum and Dad this year.

I think we can have a wonderful sleep over party there if you visit me in Singapore!


Special Celebrations In Singapore
Singapore is a multi racial society. We have got Chinese, Indians, Malays and Eurasians staying together and so we celebrate many special festivals.

My favourite celebrations are the Chinese New Year and National Day.




Eid is also celebrated in Singapore. However, the malays who celebrate it call it “Hari Raya”.

----------------



That was how it was supposed to be.. and the sentences were all thought by Ace. I just correct the grammer and spelling. However, my printer printed like two pages of pictures and died on me.. in the end, we only stopped at the point where we mentioned that Singapore is a safe place and how Ace wants to be a policeman when he grows up.

Hahahaha... nevertheless, he also managed to draw some of the air force planes and navy ships inside the scrapbook... so that is another aspect of Singapore that he shared...

He did a show and tell the next day in school and after he finished, his teacher Ms O'Donnell says she felt really hungry.. wahahha:)

Anyway, since we din get to present it in full in the book, dun waste his effort so I put it here lah..

I realized however that I had forgotten to take pics of the end result. Shall do so when the book travels back into my hands;) Apparently Ace is the last person on the register and so he was the last one to write in the book:) Now they can take turns to bring the book home for two days to read it...

Previous Post: I Want, I Am Willing

No comments: