Saturday, November 19, 2011

Love Is "Going Outside"


It was just another typical weekend and had typically nothing to do again... and so, we decided to watch movies online again...

But there were some problems and we couldnt watch the Jim Carrey show we wanted to load and so in the end, somehow or rather, Max decided to watch Forrest Gump and because we told Ace this is a funny and nice movie, he wanted to watch too:)

Anyway, Forrest Gump is one of my favourite movies and I still remembered that me and my JC friends had just finished our exams and looking for a movie to celebrate. We just randomly chose Forrest Gump.. I didn't know who Tom Hanks is, I have NEVER read any review of the movie and I dunno wat the story line is going to be.. but I was so totally blown away by the whole story when i watched it and it remained till today.. in that little drawer in my brain where I store my happiest and most favourite memories...

Anyway, if you are not familar with the storyline, you can read THIS.

So comes the story where Forrest tried to save his best friend, Jenny, after she was groped while performing naked by carrying her off stage. Jenny got angry and told Forrest "You can't keep saving me like tat..." "But I love you.. " said Forrest and Jenny said, "You dunno what love is..."

And my son immediately commented, "But Forrest does know what love is.. Love is protecting someone and not letting them get hurt.." Such a wise 6 year old indeed! I am super impresssed!

But leh, my son is also super cheeky lor...

Then later in the show, Jenny and Forrest both finally came back to their hometown and they stayed together... and Forrest asks Jenny to marry him and she declines... He got upset and told her, "I may be not so smart but I know what love is...." And he walks out of the door of the house...

So my little wisecracker says, "Yeah, love is 走出去..." and he started giggling non stop because he knew that was the exact opposite of what love is. Wah, I never expected he has such a deep understanding of love...

I think me and Max got to give ourselves a little pat on our backs for being ok parents and having such a wonderful son:) I think Ace's girlfriend and wife in future will certainly be very blissed.. hehehe:)

Previous Post: Ace's Bra-ry "Creative" New Game

No comments: