Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sushi!

Ace loves sushi... he loves it so much.. everytime you ask him what he wants to eat when he goes out.. the first choice is ALWAYS sushi...

Unfortunately in Dubai, we have not found any good sushi yet. Unlike singapore, there is no Ichiban Sushi, Sakae sushi or waraku here... so I toyed around with the idea of making my own sushi for a while...

When Max took me to the Japanese supermart, I bought the required things like rice vinegar, seaweed and the japanese rice that they use to make sushi..

The first time I tried to make sushi, I din really have a proper receipe since they required like two cups of rice and I only wanted to make a small portion like two spoonfuls of rice. So the rice ended up super sour and the egg super salty...

But Ace ate everything and said it is VERY NICE! hahaaha..

So even though I was a little disappointed with the result, I was nevertheless encouraged...and decided to take one more step and go Daiso to buy the egg pan...

And some days later, I decided to try again!

The above picture is the end result...

I was mighty pleased with it actually... and Ace happily ate 4 pieces out of the 5 I made...


Interestingly, after he ate 4 pieces, he said he didn't want anymore and he wanted to eat something else... he wants to keep one for daddy...

When I asked him why he did not finish later, he said that the sushi today is not so nice.. cos he says the rice got no taste.... and then when Max came home to eat the sushi, he said my rice was too packed together and that the rice had no taste...

I was a little upset.. hai.. I was actually so satisifed with my sushi this time round but in the end, the complains I recieved were more than the one I was very unhappy with... hai..

Anyway, hasnt made any more since then cos Max not around and I am detoxing.. so have to force Ace to eat whatever is in my fridge... thankfully he was not picky about food and he has actually been eating the same few things cooked in two different ways on alternate days for about 10 days.... I told him i really appreciate the fact that he just eats his food and never complain...


Anyway, i try to encourage myself lah.. at least Max say the egg is very nice.. so at least I got the egg right.. and the look right.. now just need to get the rice right and viola! SUSHI! Once i master the rice, i think I will go and buy the inari bags to make inari and maybe even egg mayo sushi..

Watch this space...

Previous Post: Stinky Feet!

No comments: