Thursday, October 06, 2011

No Dinner For Ace

Sometimes, I think Ace really needs to learn his lesson the hard way... the easy way of just listening to his mother who has had far more experience and knowledge is just not so attractive to him.. so most of the time, he just doesnt really listen to the advice that I give him...

One of it is to stop playing with his chair when he is eating because number 1, it is bad manners.. number 2, the plastic is not really strong and the legs will bend over if too much force is exerted on only two legs and of course, there is always a possibility that you fall and tip your food right over when you do that....

And let me just say I did not just tell him not to do that.. (that is tantamount to nagging).. I actually explained nicely to him not once, or twice but at least thrice... why he shouldn't do that...

But does he listen?

NO!

So that day, I was very glad when he finally did fall off the chair and his dinner went flying onto the carpet before he EVEN started eating it...

Firstly, because I put his food on the table like 10 minutes ago and he was so bz watching tv, he hasnt started eating.. and so, his WHOLE dinner was on the floor...

Secondly, it is a great time to teach him a good lesson.. so I told him that I cooked just enough for the three of us (Max was coming home late that day as he had to OT) and that since he dropped his dinner on the floor, he will have NO DINNER...

And this picture was when he was trying to pick up his dinner and crying out, "I got no dinner... I am so hungry.. it is all my fault I got no dinner..."

I just let him cry a little bit for like 5 minutes or so and then I asked him if he learnt his lesson... he nodded quietly...

I told him that if he had started to eat when I put the food on the table, he would have dropped less food and will be at least half full... and also I reminded him of how I reminded him many times not to play with his chair and swing on two legs because of the three reasons I mentioned... i asked him if he remembered me reminding him..

He said yes and started crying that he has got no dinner...

I told him I can try to help him.. but he has to stop crying first and clean up the mess himself since he was the one who created it....

After he has done all that, I told him I will give daddy's rice to him (we can always cook rice again and interestingly, when I was cooking, I actually got inspired to cook a little more that day.... so even after I throw away the food he dropped, we still have just enough!)... and he said, "But I dun want to take Daddy's rice, if I take his rice, he will have no rice..." I assured him I can cook again...

And he finally was willing to sit properly when he eats.

It has been about a week plus.. almost two weeks.. I am happy to report that he has since stopped his bad habit of swinging chairs...

Hai.. I think sometimes as parents, we really need to let our children to have a chance to learn their lesson instead of thinking and doing everything for them... Because 人都是犯贱的... sometimes only when we learn a painful lesson do we remember it...

PS: Ace had to learn one more lesson again... the hard way...


I asked him to always handle his toys with care and dun do funny things with it.. he never listen lor... so end up leh, some one very cleverly go and insert a 1 dirham into his toy gun's magazine... (the part where it holds the bullet) and then cannot take out lor.. I tell him since still can load bullets, just ignore it.. he says cannot.. MUST take out cos it is HIS money and he doesnt want to lose his money.. I said I am bz and said i will try and see if can take out later. And while I continued with my cooking, I noticed him fiddling around with my computer... "Mummy, how to spell OUT?" He asked me suddenly... I asked him what he is doing and this funny little boy said, "I am googling for how to take coin out!"

Bengz lor... Anyway, in the end Angel mummy saves the day and manages to take the coin out lah... hai...

Previous Post: Ace's Pet Snake

No comments: