Saturday, October 15, 2011

Got Friends From Far Come, Dam Happy!

There is a chinese saying that I learnt when i was in secondary school that goes, "有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎" which just means that when you have friends coming to visit from far far place, you are dam bloody happy:)
Two of my good friends, Grace and Jingzhi have relocated from Singapore to UK for the past few years.. despite my promise to visit them in London where they are based, I have not gotten the chance to visit them... Thankfully, Max managed to vist them once when he was in London for a course...

I was initially a little disappointed since I would be going to Dubai before they would be coming back to Singapore and one day, they messaged me and Max and told us that they will be able to visit us in Dubai for two days:) Imagine my happiness to see them again!


We only managed to talk on and off online for the past few years so there was alot to catch on.. unfortunately also, Max had to leave just 2 hours after we picked them up...

A photo before Max leaves... anyway, we chit chatted till 3am before we went to bed lor:)

The next day, I was so tired, I couldnt wake up and Ace din go to school.. early in the morning, Jingzhi offered to make breakfast for us:)

Tada! I never imagined I can eat Economical Bee Hoon in dubai! Shiok!

Ace loves it too!




And because these two friends have been travelling around the world for the past few weeks, Grace says she is very green leafy veg deprived... so we decided to walk to the supermarket near my house to buy green veg...


To be honest, this is the first time I venture out of my house to go to that supermarket. I am not even very sure where it is... just agah agah only.. wahahaha.. and the weather is dam super hot!


After we had lunch we decided to venture out and go to Dubai Mall to look at the fountain and the tallest building in Dubai called Burj Khalifah... Being well travelled souls, these two friends suggested that we take the metro (MRT equivilent) there. This is ALSO the first time i venture to take the metro here or try to go anywhere out of my house without Max's car lor...

As I looked at how they would look for directions and ask passerbys for help.. I start to wonder why it never occured to me to do that.. i mean, when I am travelling, I am like tat as well. But as I am not on a tour trip here, it totally did not occur to me to do the following at all...

Anyway, the metro here is very very similar to the MRT in singapore.. the station.. and everything.. all look pretty much the same to me.. but leh, they always fall a little short though... like the signs.. if an exit leads out to a mall, there is no indication at all, it only names the name of the road tat it leads out to...




Also, we took the metro to Dubai Mall station and so I expected it to be like Singapore where I just walk into the mall.. but sorry, you have to take an extra bus in order to go into the mall and the bus keeps turning in circles and is very crowded.. so a little unpleasant for me...

Finally, we are there and so we took some pics of the Burj Khalifa before we decided to sit down for a short break...

That is Ace smilng happily after Uncle Jingzhi bought him a big chocolate cake because he said he was hungry... AGAIN...

Since we had to wait to see the fountain, we went to the aquariam to take a look as Ace wanted to go there...


And since we are there, how can Ace NOT want to go to the candy store right beside it???


Resting a little...

We went to watch the fountain and then decided to go dinner... we din know wat to eat and nothing we saw seemed good.. the chinese restaurants dun seem to have any chinese inside them.. so we passed.. then we refered to the map of the mall and Grace asked if I wanted to go to Lemon Grass Thai Express.. which is one of my fav thai places here in Dubai.. so in the end we went to the foodcourt for dinner.. and Ace was super happy cos he could eat MAC DONALDS..wahhahaha

Then we made our way home.. tat is JZ having a beer... he says he is drinking on behalf of Max..wahahah:)

My son spent the rest of the night playing with Uncle Jingzhi on his ipad lor... and my son became great frens with these two friends in the course of the two days they were here:)

After they left, because max is not around, our apartment seemed especially quiet and lonely.. both me and Ace couldnt get used to it at all....









Anyway, before they arrived, I felt really disappointed that they had to come at the time that Max was away. But now as I look back, I think it was great that they came during this time... because of this, my first two days that Max went away was not half as bad as I had them to keep me company and also, I learnt to get around my neighbourhood... which i think wouldnt have happened if Max was around to drive us around... Right after they left, I managed to venture out and take the the metro to Ace's school and even brought Ace to Burjuman shopping mall over the weekend...

And before they arrived, I kept worrying that I wouldnt be a good host and that there would be something that they need that I might not be able to provide.. since Max was not around...I worried about it for many days till I had sleepless nights over it. When I told my friends about it, they just laughed and said there is no need to as they will treat this like their own home and they are very seasoned in staying over at other people's house... and true enough... it was actually quite easy... we took turns to cook, we entertained each other... even Ace enjoyed having them over so much! Cos well, I forgot that they are my friends and they are adults:) And that they dun really need much other than my company and my love:)

Now, I am much more confident to host other friends should they come visit me and even stay over at my place.. wahahhaa:) So when you want to come dubai to visit me??

PS: SHould you be uncomfortable to stay at other people's house and prefer to stay on ur own, there is a cheap and good hotel near my place and you will be free to come to my house for dinner.. how about that?:P Also, Max can get extra discount and freebies like free meals and airport transfers thrown in cos he know the manager there plus the hotel is quite new:)

Previous Post: Goodbye Daddy

No comments: