Sunday, October 30, 2011

Go The Fuck To Sleep


Ace fell sick today...

In the morning while he was waiting for the bus, I noticed he kept rubbing his nose.. so I suspected it was going to be a bad nose day today...

True enough, by 9.30am, his school nurse, Mrs Frisk, called me and said that Ace is having a bad running nose.. and asked me if she could feed him some cold medication... I gave her the green light and then at around 12.30 in the afternoon, she called again and said that Ace has gone to her again as his running nose is back and he says that he is feeling very tired.. so he is currently sleeping in her room... she asked if i could pick him up and assured me that he was not having any fever and was just tired...

I told her that I did not have a car at the moment and if I guessed correctly, Ace will probably recover after a good sleep... tat is cos i think i passed this bug to him cos the day before, i was exactly the same way.. But nothing I cant heal with a good night's sleep...

Anyway, Ace came home at 3 and I made him take a nap at 4.. so he slept till 6 and woke for dinner... and then we watched Johnny English and Evan Almighty together and before we know it, it was time to go to bed again...

Alas, this little boy is quite awake and so was happily singing to himself... I closed the door of our bedroom so that there will be less light and hopefully, he can start SLEEPING...

And then I came across a link in FB.. showing a youtube of a grandma reading an interesting story book.. it is called Go The Fuck To Sleep.... How apt it is for me now:)

I found it quite interesting and googled it... Okie, so it is actually a chidlren's book for adults.. not really a children's story book.. since it consists of the F word.... Found the PDF format of it and read it... it is HILARIOUS lor! Only a parent who has a kid who does not want to sleep will be able to write it and relate to it lor...I must say those excuses mentioned are ones tat Ace use often enough on me too.. wahahahahaha...

Anyway, it's very apt and describes how I feel now... hahaha... I am now at the last part though.. where I am going to fall the fuck asleep.. hahaha:)

Nitez...

PS: Ace just told me that the bus driver says they are not allowed to sleep on the bus and he is mighty pissed because he loves to spend his waking hours playing and sleeping on the bus.. wahahaha.. very time effecient in this sense:) He insists that he is very tired after school and needs a nap in the bus.. once he reaches home however, even as tired as he is.. without the nap, he still wants to play and read books..wahahaha.. and still only sleeps at 10 plus at night.. our neighbour's daughter who is on the same school bus goes to bed at 8 and sleeps at 9 everyday lor!:)

Previous Post: Ace Wins Some Awards

No comments: