Monday, September 05, 2011

Want Toys? Work For It Lah

We have always been telling Ace that if he wants something, he has to work for it...

Since he arrived to Dubai, Ace has been asking his dad to buy him toys and so, his dad set up a reward system where he can track the good things that he do in return for stars... and every two stars he gets is equal to one dirham for him to use to buy toys that he likes...

The items that his dad has set up include:




  1. Helping to cook rice



  2. Wash the dishes



  3. Making the bed when he wakes up



  4. Sleeping early



  5. Completing 10 pages of homework



  6. Reading a book



  7. Avoiding junk food



  8. Being polite and kind


Just to get him excited, we brought him to toys r us to see what he might like to buy...


After one round to toys r us, Ace came up with a list that goes like this... in terms of priority..





  1. Space Lego



  2. Star Wars Lego



  3. Remote Control Ferrari Car



  4. Hotwheels Car (colour shift)



  5. Angry Bird Yellow Bird Soft Toy



  6. Police Lego



So next trip, we went with him to pick specific items together with how much they cost and how much stars they will require... THat is him posing with the Lego City Police set that he wanted.. and this set costs almost $200 sing lor

That is the hotwheels car that he wants...

Anyway, I also have my own wish list.. hahahaha.. It is to have a Xbox Kinect (costs $1650 dirhams in most places in Dubai) But Max says might be more viable to buy Wii since now Wii is very cheap liaoz....

That is Max trying out the Kinect ping pong game.. however, he says the machine is driving him crazy cos it is difficult to get it to respond.. i never heard complains from my frens who have it though.. I think it is cos in a shopping mall, there are just too many pple in the area for the machine to be accurate and respond fast..


Another thing that I wanted is MAGIC SING.. it is a portable karaoke set.. wahahahahaha.. but leh, I want the version with chinese songs and ang moh songs... it costs about sing $600 when I checked.. I found a cheaper version here in dubai..but alas they only have tagalog and english or hindi songs.. bummer....




But leh, all these are really desires at the moment.. no real need yet... if given a choice, I will choose kinect.. then dun need to always only watch movies and go supermarket shopping.. very boring existence it is at the moment now since summer is not so good for exploring Dubai...

Lucky I got my son to entertain me.. wahahahah..


PS: But then again, i am still getting used to having Ace around 24/7... When we are outside, I dunno if it is because he is used to it... even when Max is just in front of him, he goes, "Mummy, mummy.. I want to show you something..." and every 5 minuites or so, I hear him go "Mummy mummy.." till I almost going crazy.... if we are at home, every 5 minutes or so, he tells me his brain is thinking about hug hug and he will NEED a hug hug from me before he can continue to do homework lah.. eat his meal lah..etc.... HAIZ.....


Previous Post: Indian Food Galore

No comments: