Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Very Special Birthday (Part 1)

In my last month in Singapore, I was literally packing and eating and gathering everyday, every moment (cept for when i zzz) and so, it was finally on the day that I had to leave that I had some time to myself and ny family....

Max by virtue of some screw up with the tour agency, booked me on an interesting flight that had me celebrate my birthday in Singapore, fly and end my celebrations in Dubai with him.

As my grandma is quite old and elderly already, she has declined to send us off. My group of friends gathered at the airport to have dinner or so and I told them i would join them at around 11 for an hour and a half before I checked in at 12.30am or so...

Just before we are about to leave the airport, Zeng popo woke up from her slumber to hug Ace and to see us off.. i think the house is going to be very quiet now tat zeng popo cannot nag at ace.. hahaha.. in the morning, Ace was his usual self where he always kenna nagged by Zeng Popo and so my mum told Zeng popo, "Nevermind lah, let him be, in a few hours he wun have chancce to do it liao..."

To which I told my mum, "Nevermind lah, let her nag.. a few hours more she also wun have chance to nag till CNY.. " wahahahahaha... (And true enough, now tat Zeng Popo stopped nagging at Ace since he is in dubai, I have taken over the thankless job of nagging and scolding him because this little boy just always has low situational awareness and is only concerned and focus on having fun...)

My father in law bought me a spiderman birthday cake to celebrate my birthday with me at the stroke of 12.. how very sweet (my mum already bought me a big mango cake in the afternoon to celebrate) and in white are my shi zi lu kou kakies.... foodie TTK and Meinu Jez.. wahahaha... And the lower right bottom is my family lah.. my sis, my mum and dad... (Ivy, there.. my dad with clothes on!)

Actually when I arrived at the airport, I was a little surprised to see such a huge crowd (thanks Jo, Jon, Nick, Steff, Huijuan, Karen, Simon, Kerr, Xiaoling, Xinrong, Aiching, Yeelin, Veron, Teoh, Louis, Jez, TK) to come send me off.. there was so much love in the air and so many presents were given out to us... Kerr gave Ace a motorola walkie talkie tat allows you to talk over 5km distance (which Ace loved so much tat all he talked about before the plane ride, during and after the plane ride was how to open and charge it and use it....) Steff bought me a nice white rose necklace and Xiaoling also bought Ace an angry bird towel and water bottle... Veron also gave us a piggy softoy (which was meant for me but Ace promptly claimed it as his... and thankfully we had tat softtoy cos it kept him occupied during transit and many other trying moments...) Jez bought me a baby making gift.. hahahaha.. a 600 thread count bedsheet for my bed in dubai in the romantic colour of peach...

Anyway, it was just wonderful and happy.. and not teary like I tot it would be....


Let's not forget to take some photos before we leave.... tat's me with my parents...

My darling sister.. who hugged me longest before I walked into the departure hall....

My brother, Wilson....

My father (in law)... I expected him to cry but heng he din cry in front of me.. cos if not i think i might cry too.... (mum in law din feel well and din come to send us off. i think she couldnt bear to send us off cos she will likely cry...)

Just before we left, Yeye also bought Ace a kinderjoy chocolate as a present...

That's Ace and his chum, Kerr.... whom he affectionately nicknames THE COPS cos Kerr is a policeman (which is wat Ace aspires to be when he grows up)

That's Karen, Simon and Yeelin (YL came to send me off right after she arrived the airport from a trip to bangkok!)...


Last farewell between Yeye and Ace...

Anyway, all in all, it was a wonderful experience.. and I surprised myself that I did not cry... Partially it is because my sis told me that her friend said that you cannot cry when you leave to go another country during relocation. If you cry, a part of you gets left behind and you will take a long time to recover and settle down in the new place... so I just focused on the fact that I will be seeing Max soon..

Anyway, until NOW, I still somewhat feel like I am on an extended holiday... the feeling is still tat I will go home soon.. wahahahahahha:) Anyway, I will see you guys again in person in the next CNY:)

Anyway, there is still a part two of my very special birthday.. tat made the trip very exciting...

Akan datang....

Previous Post: Farewell for Dubai

No comments: