Monday, July 11, 2011

Suahku Daddy


I mentioned on facebook that I would be singing karaoke with a friend and was singing to my hearts content because I would be going to Dubai soon...

And one of our Dubai friends commented that there is no need to do so because there is karaoke in Dubai as well. I just needed to add this to the list of things I wanted to do and get Max to bring me there.

I replied saying that Max wouldn't bring me there because he can't and does not like to sing and our friend said, "he can go there and drink beer.."

And to this.. Max actually commented, "I didn't know they serve beer!"

Suah Ku lor! Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha...

That being said, Max only goes to MASS karaoke.. you know.. those type where big groups of people sing and he just go there and mingle and talk.. and it has been 10000 years since someone organized a gathering like tat.. so leh, perhaps he forgot lor...

But that Max is so suah ku is still not so funny...

The funniest part is at night, i told Ace that i went to karaoke and just asked him if he knew what a karaoke is...

"Yeah, it is a place where people sing to be happy.." he said...

"What else do you know about karaoke?" I asked Ace..

"And it is a place where people he jiu (drink alchohol)..." Ace replied...

WAHAHAHAHAHHA.. MAX IS SUPER SUAH KU!!!!!! Even Ace knows karaoke serves alchohol lor!

And then after a pause, Ace asked me, "Mummy, your karaoke got xiao jie or not?"

Which made me realize that he knows because he watched too much TV and that he is referring to those seedy joints.... so I had to explain to him... there are different types of karaoke... the healthy ones and the unhealthy ones...

The healthy ones are where people go there just to enjoy singing... so there are no xiao jie.. like the one tat me and ZY jie jie went to.. is healthy one with no xiao jie....

Then there is another type that is the unhealthy one... that is the type where some people who feel empty or unhappy go there to pay people to sing song and drink with them to make them happy. That is the type where there are xiao jie and the xiao jie's job is to sing and drink with the unhappy people to make them happy. That is their job.

Just so he doesn't think this is a helpful way to be happy, I told him that happiness though, does not come from what people do. It comes from within and it is our own decision tat decides with we are happy or not. If we choose to be unhappy, even if someone sings 100 songs for us, we would still be unhappy but if we choose to be happy, we can be happy now.. no need to go unhealthy karaoke.. also happy:)

"Yeah!" Ace agreed :)

Previous Post: Ace's Dreams

No comments: