Saturday, April 02, 2011

Parents Need Imagination Too!

Because Ganma Karen is due soon during Ace's one week school hols (And she has already popped), Ganma Karen decided to bring Ace to airport for a dinner.. Because we were quite free, we went to the the airport a little earlier and then took photos...

I brought Ace to the same benches where he cried for 20 min and asked him if he recognized this place and he said, "Yeah, this is the place I cry lah.." Anyway, while waiting for Gandie CK to arrive, we let Ace play at the playground while me and Karen Ganma chit chat....

Ace was quite lucky to have met this really generous indian gor gor who had a bey blade. He lent the bey blade to Ace.. and even taught him how to play it and even let Ace play with it for a long time even though Ace did not have anything to exchange with him or lend to him... (I always think Ace has some sort of yuan fen with indians)..

But that created a problem for me too... Cos the next day when I was out with friends, my son called me and asked me why am i not home yet, who am I with and whether I can come home now. When he realized that it was not possible for me to reach home immediately, he kept bugging me and asking me if I could buy him a bey blade stadium for him..

So for the umpteenth time, I had to explain to him that it was not cost effecient to pay so much money for a piece of plastic tat did nothing except let you put your bey blade on it.. So leh, to let him hang up, I told him I will settle for him when I came back.. Hahaha.. so this is where a good bit of imagination comes in.

Because the bey blade stadium is just a piece of concave plastic so tat the beyblades can "compete" in, when I reached home, I went to the kitchen, took out a piece of concave plastic and showed to Ace. "Next time, you can use this as your bey blade stadium.. but you just need to make sure it is dry." And so the next day when I was out, my son really used the ORANGE BASIN that i showed him as a bey blade stadium.. wahahahaha.. apparently it worked but Ace asked if I could buy him a bigger basin.. I asked him to use the one u used to use as a bathtub when he was a baby.. wahahahahahahahaha...

And hor, I am so glad my son has good imagination too and was happy with the suggestion:)

PS: Thank god I bought the FAKE beyblade for him when I was in Macau.. it only cost me S$7.50 for a set of two launchers, three beyblades and numerous changeable parts... the actual bey blade costs like S$99 for the full set i think... I refuse to pay this sort of ridiculous price for such a useless toy...

PPS: I found a $9.90 beyblade stadium and have been using it as carrot to get him to get 100 marks in all his spelling and ting xie ;)

Previous Post: Of Mice And Men

No comments: