Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wah Meng Ti!

You know how the Taiwanese Drama serial Ai has got this famous song.. WAH MENG TI which loosely translated from hokkien means "I ask the heavens"

Yesterday, my son had a little Wah Meng Ti saga before he slept... We were playing with each other and then he started singing some sort of song about how he is going to pee and da bian on mummy.. and so I told him I dun want to listen to his songs anymore because after all i have done for him, all he wants is to pee on me.. so that makes me very sad...

Immediately he started to sing a new tune with new lyrics about how you have to take care of your mummy... you have to hug her alot and kiss her alot everyday.. you have to clean the floor so that she will not fall sick... you have to be good to her and you have to love her and you have to massage her...

And as he continued singing.. he went into singing about "I love my mummy because she takes care of me everyday.... But I am so sad.. my daddy cannot take care of me.. My heart is broken into two because my daddy is not here, he cannot take care of me and I cannot see him and i want to cry..." At this point, he started to rub his eyes... and I could see tears forming at the edge of his eyes...

"Why he dun come back... I always do so many naughty things and so he is angry.. so he dun want to come back.. but I work so hard.. why he still not back.. why I cannot be happy.. why only mummy take care of me, why daddy not here to take care of me.... "Why Daddy laoban is so bad.. always lie to us daddy can come back... why daddy is so mean to me.. why he dun want to come back and make me happy?"

And then he continued... "Why do i have a future like this... why is my future not with my daddy.... why I dun have happy family.. why I must be sad and cry for my daddy... why I work so hard and do my best to make everyone happy but my daddy dun want to make me happy and come back?"

And so he ended his song with a loud brawl and he ended up sobbing uncontrollably for the next 5-10 minutes.

Intermittenly during his sobbing, he would ask me why he has to have this future.. why he has to have this life.. why he has to be sad.. why he do so much and work so hard to make every one happy, daddy still does not want him to be happy and dun want him to come back? "What can I do? What more can I do to be happy? What can I do to ask daddy to come back?" he asked me....

"Why I cannot be happy.. whenever I do happy things, I think of my daddy and I cry because I miss him so much... Why? Why I have a future and have a life like this? Why i cannot be happy??"

When he cooled down and stopped crying, I explained to him that daddy misses him too and daddy definitely wants to be with him... And I told him that if there is one thing he did not do, he did not tell daddy himself what he wants daddy to do... "Can you sms daddy about me and tell him what I said just now tomorrow?" he asked me. I told him I would do that and requested that he go and tell his dad what he feels and thinks from his heart because if you never tell other people, you cannot expect others to understand how you feel...

I also took the chance to explain to him that whatever happens in our lives, happens because we want it to happen.. it is not really anybody else's fault... daddy is not here because we also choose for daddy not to be here.. "But I choose for daddy to be in Singapore what... I want him to be here with me..." he said...

Seeing that he didn't understand still what I meant, I asked him if he would prefer for us to fly to dubai the next day to be with daddy? " "Yes!" he nodded his head fervently. I told him we have many things to settle before we can go over and be with daddy even if we want to go over..

"Okie, mummy, I will give you time. I give you one day. can you settle all the things and after one day, we go and visit daddy?"

"Well, one day is not enough, Ace. Daddy has not even had a confirmation from his boss and we still dunno what will happen yet..." Anyway, I gave him big big hug and he said he felt better to sleep..

The next morning when he woke, I asked him if he had a good nights sleep.. "Nope... because I cried.."

"Do you feel better now after I already sayang you?" "Mmm... I still miss daddy a little..." which means he is still a little sad but at least he was smiling...

Sigh... to think he tahan till one and a half month then have this second melt down is not bad liao..

I predict another 2-3 more such outbursts before he will have a chance to meet his dad....

Previous Post: I Want To Talk About Daddy

No comments: