Sunday, February 20, 2011

Grumpy Ace


Ever since Ace outgrew his child seat, we were always in a 'fight" about who got to seat in front of the car with Max when he was driving. Most of the time, I let Ace seat there but every now and then, I will tell him I want to sit in front too..

In the last 10 mths though, since Max was in Dubai most of the time, we didn't get to "fight" over that seat only till we went to Dubai..


Initially, we agreed that we will take turns... Ace declared, "We will take turns and then I one day, you one day and I one day and you one day..."


But the next day when it was my turn to take the front seat, he changed his mind and said, "I changed my mind, I very long.. I 3 days, then you three days.."


And when the three days is up, he changes his mind again and says he 7 days instead...


So most of the time I just let him take the seat and occasionally beat him to it and take the front seat and remind him that he has already been in the front seat for a long time...


When Max came back to sgp, we started "Fighting" over the front seat again and as usual, Ace "CHANGED HIS MIND" again...

So one of the nights when we were due to go out for dinner, I beat him to it and took the front seat and Ace got really upset and cried the whole way there...


And when his dad ask him to stop crying and let mummy take her turn, he said he doesn't want to be friends with me any more.. because i was not in a good mood too, I got upset and then i walked out of the car and looked for food on my own...


We eventually met up and found the veg stall we were looking for together and Daddy asked Ace to say sorry to me.. so he said sorry to me and I said I was sorry... and I asked him, "Can you forgive me?" And he shook his head and said, "No.."


So I told him since that is the case, he can continue to not be friends with me... and ignored him after that...


His dad asked him to say sorry and no matter how he asked Ace to do it, Ace just refused to do it.. so I just carried on to have my dinner while treating him like an invisible person...


And then out of nowhere, Ace started to cry and said he is sorry to me... and I gave him a hug and explained to him that it is only fair to take turns... and that I was also really upset when he did not want to be my friend for no good reason.


And after we made up, Ace is his usual happy self again...


Previous Post: Just Like Yeye

No comments: