Thursday, February 24, 2011

Evolution


People say that every 8 years is one generation of difference.. I gave birth to Ace when I was 28.. so that is 3.5 generations apart...

As Ace grows up, the songs that he learns from pre school though are not different from the songs I learnt.. so he is always amazed how and why I know al the song that he sings for me and why I can sing along (except Max whom I always jokingly say has not no childhood.. cos he cannot recognize most of the songs except twinkle twinkle little star).

But then, evolution still quietly takes place...

Here are some common phrases that Ace uses since he started school and after discussion with my friends who have kids, we realize it is a widely used phrase by different kids from different schools as well... I wonder where and how it starts...

My time: Orh.....
Used to pin point a mistake that someone makes.. "Orh...." usually also has the meaning of saying something like "oh, no, you are fucked.."
Ace says: Urh Hor.....


My time: Oh Ah Bay Ah Sohm
It is a game where we play to choose the person to be the catcher when playing catching. At the start, everyone puts their hands in front of their chest with their palms touching their chest.. when we say oh ah bay ah sohm, your hand moves down and you can either let your palm face up or down. The odd one out is the catcher.
Ace says: Oh Ah Bay Ah Som Mah Lay Ah, Roti Prata, Char Kway Teow!


My time: Mini Mani Mini More, See whose is the best of all
Used also to pick out someone to be catcher or to do something
Ace says: Mini mani mini more, catch the spider on the wall, see who win, see who lose, mini mani mini more

My time: Dit dit dit. Whose shoe is very dirty, please go home and wash it out, O, U, T, stands for out... S, T, O, P, stop, Bus Stop, who are you, I am Mr Lee Kwan Yew..
Another one for choosing someone to do something... This is however quite close to original...
Ace says: Whose shoe is very dirty, please go home and wash it out, S, T, O, P, stop, Bus Stop.

My time: Copy cat, show your lap, go home let your mother slap, father say, why you cry, mother say, go and die...
This one is just a rhyme
Ace says: Copy cat, chase the rat, go home let your mother slap.

My time: Alibaba and the forty theives..
This one is a well loved story...
Ace says: Alibaba chicken man

PS: I have no idea who or what ali baba chicken man is.. i only know my fren's son in a diff school says that two and btween the two mummies, we have not figured out wat tat is YET...

There you go.. evolution between 3.5 generations.. hahaha

Previous Post: Circuit Road Again!

No comments: