Friday, December 03, 2010

Adventures In Dubai Day 9: It's CHICKEN RICE DAY!

Inspired by last night's salad supper, Ace asked to eat salad for breakfast the next day morning...


but I guesss salads are not very satisfying because even though Ace had breakfast at 11am (He woke at 10.30am and dilly dally for half an hour before he finally went to brush his teeth), by 12.30 in the afternoon, he complained he was hungry and so I made sushi mian with miso sauce from the miso soup paste tat Waipo gave me... Ace really enjoyed it and as he was eating, he told me, "This is so crazy! It is so nice.. I am so crazy I cannot make this myself!"

Hahahaha.. I probably need to explain better how to use the word "crazy" in this context...

Then Ace reminded me that even though he did his homework, I didn't let him play with my iphone yet.. so while I was busy blogging, he started playing with my phone..

And then I reminded him he hasnt done his homework today and he said he will do it before daddy returns. He was great and he did all his homework by himself.. he read the instructions himself and tried his best to finish everything himself.. and even told me I can go take my bath because he is ok to do everything by himself...


After I finished bathing, it was time to do dinner.... today's menu is CHICKEN RICE with veg chicken nugget, fried veggie with mushroom and Egg Flower Soup ;) hahaha

The only chilli that we can find closest to the chicken rice chilli that we have in Singapore...

After dinner, Ace insisted that he wanted to go out and gai gai.. so we went to Zabeel Park opposite our fav super mart, Lu Lu Hypermart... but the whole place was filled with pple jogging outside the park and not inside.. when we looked inside, it was totally empty... And then Max said we can go to Stargate.. which is like this big amusement park bigger than the Singapore Science Centre!

They have the largest soft play station in the world and tonnes of fun stuff like 5 D movies, arcade games and rides and it was like a total dead town... we talked to one person who was working there and found out that weekdays it is always like that.. even in weekends, the largest amount of crowd they have is like 100 pax and they come in randomly throughout the whole day lor.. tat's really a waste of money and resources!

So in the end, we got bored and wanted to go home..

Ace got really upset because he says it is so WU LIAO to go home and he wanted to go some other place to play and gai gai...

In the end, we ended up at Ikea, next to Festival City Mall.. (which was decorated in UAE flag colours because their national day is coming soon).

There is no Smalleland in IKEA here but a very sad child playground with a big ball pool and some tables to do colouring and a few games... so we left Ace there and went shopping for a lamp.. then we contemplated to buy plates and decided not to because the kitchen is too small and there is no space to put them! ;)


Then we went to a shop like Best Denki and Ace spent some time playing with the Xbox games there...

Once home, Ace helped daddy fix the table lamp and it worked out fine.. then we had Ace bath and quickly go to bed..

And from 10.30pm.. Ace was lying on bed, all wrapped up in the blanket like a pohpiah... He was suppose to be sleeping but ended up playing with Tenderheart and Do Your Best carebears... they are having some sort of adventure or conversation.. by 11pm, he was not done yet.. I ignored him for another 15 minutes and finally his batteries are all used up and he fell asleep :) Hahahahaa.....

Previous Post: Adventures In Dubai Day 8: The Story Of The Little Who Ate Non Stop For 12 Hours

No comments: