Thursday, December 02, 2010

Adventures In Dubai Day 8: The Story Of The Little Boy Who Ate Nonstop For 12 Hrs

For some unknown reason.. Ace slept long and hard... and didn't wake up to brush his teeth till 11.40am lor! But because he slept alot (I believe he was catching up on sleep) he was in a super duper good mood when he woke up.. dancing when he was brushing his teeth.. telling me his hands are MR Wriggle and happily wriggling away in front of the mirror for a good three minutes before he REALLY started brushing his teeth...

A happy boy is a boy with a good appetite. I found out that his daddy bought a bunch of bananas for him the day before and he said he wanted to eat two bananas.. one he ate by itself and the other, he put into his usual cereal with milk... HUNGRY HIPPO indeed..

The good mood extended.. after watching some tv and playing around a little.. he said he wanted to go POOP.. and then while he was inside, he was singing away.. halfway through, he called out to me.. "Mummy, can you come over here?" I went over thinking that he finished and that he wanted me to clean his bum for me and he said, "Mummy, can you just stand here.. I just wanted to sing for you..." and started singing a song tat he composed on the spot! Alamak, can wait till I am not standing in front of the smelly toilet or not?:P

Lunch was boiled egg with veggie sandwhich... the toasted bread was too hard for Ace and he said he did not like it because he prefered it to be inside soft bread without the veggies... I just put in the veggies for good measure mah... if not, it is not so healthy...

Afterward, he started playing with this and that again and he put on his gloves and held his policeman knife while walking around. I told him he looked like a durian seller in this get up and so for the next half hour, he pretended to be a durian seller while I pretended to be a policeman who is also his customer...

This long bolster is the big, long D24 I ordered... just for added dramatic effect... after I pretended to eat the durian, I lie down on my bed and said, "Oh my god, this is so nice.. argh.. I am going crazy!" and so he asked me why I said I was crazy and I had to explain the different meanings and usage of the words "crazy" to him...




Then it was let's help to make dinner time. Dinner tat night was all the things tat cannot be left in the fridge too long and things that have been inside too long.. hahahaha ;) I found one white radish and made soup with it using mushroom and carrots.. I also decided to fry tou gay with the tou kua because tou gay cannot keep well...

Then Ace said he wanted to go out and then we headed off to Diera City Mall. It is just another shopping mall in Dubai and Ace said he wanted to buy this and that and he reminded daddy that he promised to buy him a pair of shoes...

We finally found a pair of reasonably priced NIKEs which looked good and Ace INSISTED on changing into his new shoes. So after we paid for it.. Ace sat down in the corner of this not really that crowded mall and started taking off his old shoes and putting in his new shoes..

He even wrapped his old shoes nicely and put them into the NIKE box that his new shoes came in...

And of cos.. he gave daddy a big thank you hug...

I was so excited to discover a sanrio shop there:) Hahaha.. forced Max and Ace to go with me and we picked a nice limited edition bag for Tiffany for christmas;)

Next, Ace wanted to go ELC to take a look at the toys and to play there...

He stood outside this thing for a long time while other children got in and out. Me and max just stood one side and waited to see what he would do. Apparently, when he was trying to climb in, the other children jumped and he felt it was unstable... or if not, there were other children in front of the only entrance cum exit of this jumping thing... after 5 minutes, I decided to give him a hand... "Hey, I tot you wanted to go in?" I asked him... "But.. but..." he was trying to explain his problems to me when I suddenly realized that there was no one at the doorway and that no one was jumping.. I quickly lifted the curtain covering the opening and said, "Go in now..."



And so he got in.. alas, after 5 minutes or so, someone kicked on the fan that was blowing air inside and the whole thing collapse.. which meant we had to leave..



We had some vouchers for a COLD SLAB CREAMERY and tried to look for it so that we can have ice cream before we went home.. Alas it was already closed down and so we just had some ice cream and baskin robbins before we went home..

I found some shee shas for sale at a mama new stand.. strange they selling that... anyway, then we went home happily lor..

I realized then that Max has not prepared his salad lunch the next day and he was still busy working and so I helped him make AI XIN SALAD...

Because I had made too much, I gave the leftovers to Ace. As you can tell, he has been eating non stop for the past 12 hours!

WHen Ace was in sgp and saw a picture of his sofa bed, he told me it is so cool... when he came here, he kept saying that he loves the bed and he asked me if he could sell off his racing car bed in 422 and ship this back to singapore to replace his bed because he was so impressed with the fact that it can transform into a sofa... but tonight.. he suddenly complained that his bed is very hard today.. and I knew he was up to something..

Initially, he just pretended a little and said he wanted to sleep in his orange plastic chair.. and then he complained that the plastic chair was not comfortable as well and eventually, he came over to our bed and said he wanted to sleep there..."I knew that he would surely come over.." I told Max,

Given the situation, I told Max he probably would NOT sleep unless someone slept with him in the bed and so Max went to lie down with him in the bed and he finally slept!

Previous Post: Adventures In Dubai Day 7: The Day I Forgot To Coo...

No comments: