Friday, December 10, 2010

Adventures In Dubai Day 14: The Day I Ate A $5 Dragon Fruit

That is my breakfast, the most expensive dragon fruit I have ever had in my life tat costs like $4-5 sing dollars.... ;)

Ace wanted to share my dragon fruit so I only ate half of it and passed the other half to him.. other than the dragon fruit, I made good use of the heart shaped pancake maker I bought from Daiso... and make heart shaped pancakes for Ace.. Ace was so happy and so excited too.. he said, "Mummy, next time you can put fruits on top and ice cream by the side... then it will look good and taste yummy too..." I really am amazed by this 5 year old sometimes...

"This is good!" says Ace..
Then it was lunch time! :) I bought a packet of flour from the supermarket and think Max won't have any use for it.. so I decided to make Mee hoon kway together with Ace for lunch... There wasnt much in our fridge so I just used tomato, chinese shitake mushrooms and some soya sauce to make the soup base and added watever is left of our toufu inside with some japanese seaweed...



Then as usual, our usual afternoon fav cartoon show.. the simpsons.. And Ace always likes to imitate what he sees in the show so in the opening, Bart is always on this skateboard and so Ace uses his bolster as a skateboard and does the same....

My hungry hippo got hungry after a while and wanted to eat the Yen Yen biscuits that Daddy bought for him at Choitram... and my son is very unlike me.. he is very very image conscious.. he knows that if he eats too much of something, he grows fat.. so while he keeps looking for food to eat.. he will eat less of whatever he is eating now to save space for something else he might want to eat later... and so he only ate half of Yen Yen and said he wanted to give the rest to me.. because he did not want to grow fat fat... very disciplined!

Then it was time for our usual gym segment....

When he came back from gym, Ace was still super active... playing with my camera and also pretending to be a horse.. I left him to himself while I busied myself with dinner...

Dinner for the day was stir fried veggies with mock fish and portebella mushroom with cheese sauce... Initially, Ace saw the black mushrooms and said he doesnt like to eat anything black.. but once he tried it.. he wants to have some of it too ;) Anyway, I am glad both dishes turned out better than I thought it might be...

Then we waited for Max to come home while watching Tom and Jerry...

It was a monday night and since 4pm, Ace has been asking me to remind him when his favourite show, Breaking The Magician's Code comes on... cos we saw an ad that says they will be showing it on MBC Action channel... Max says Ace has to finish his homework before he can watch and all of a sudden, my son is so serious about his work.. and he can remember things and finish everything so fast! Hahahaahahhaah.... I took pics of him cos they say a man who is serious at work is most attractive..hahahahha... handsome boh?

And then, time for our favourite show!

Max also finally opened the almond biscuits that I bought from Macau and brought from Singapore.. we ate 1/3 of it... Max loved it so much that in case we opened and ate it when he is not around and finished it.. HE SEALED IT UP WITH TAPE AND HID IT! hahahahaha...



Previous Post: Adventures In Dubai Day 13: Welcome To Golden Sands Gym...

No comments: