Thursday, November 25, 2010

Adventures In Dubai: Day 1









Well, the day that Ace has been waiting for is finally here! :)

After lots of countdown, we finally took a 7 hour flight and arrived in Dubai to be with Daddy! :)

Before we left, it was sort of crazy for me... I was really busy with my part time work and also meeting up with friends before I left that I barely had time to spend with Ace, much less have time to countdown and mull about or even get excited oir worried about going to Dubai. (Even though the thought of how I will surivive a 7 hr flight with Ace fleeted cross my mind..)

After everything sort of settled down for me.. on Saturday, I dedicated Sunday to packing.. to my surprise, it took much LONGER than I expected.. I finally only finished packing at 2am in the morning and set my alarm clock to wake me at 6.40am (since my flight is 9.40am).

Alas, my very excited son woke up at 6am and WOKE ME UP! :)

Anyway, thereafter it was a mad rush.. I took a cab to the airport with my parents, checked in, found out there are only window seats left and then had breakfast with my parents before I went into the departure hall...


My cheeky son told Popo at the end, "I think you will cry later.." And I think he cannot be more right.. when i went into the departure gate, my mum's eyes were red.. hehehe..


Anyway, we were lucky though tat we were seated with a very kind gentleman from Malaysia. He is a phillipino engineer who married a malaysian chinese wife.. he has four children and ever brought his son travelling alone when his son was 5 and so he perfectly understood my situation and was so helpful!

Thankfully, my son merely peed twice in the toilet and most of the time is just happy to watch movies, play games and eat.. he was given lots of snacks and drinks and he laughed so loud when he was watching Mr Bean that all you could hear was his cackling laughter...


Anyway, when we finally arrived, I marvel at how Dubai is so different from when I visited her 10 yrs ago.. but the people here are still as SLOW as ever.. it took us forever to clear the immigration check point but luckily because Ace is a smiley, handsome kid, people are mostly friendly to me as well :)


Anyway, when we finally came out of the airport and saw Max through the glass door, Ace started to scream and jump up and down for a full minute and laughed and laughed and laughed out loud...


When we finally went out of the gate, Ace ran to max, and jumped up into his arms into a tight hug and laughed and laughed while I was crying and crying... but we were both just expressing our happiness in different ways I guess:)


Anyway, we went home for a little rest and afterward went out for a walk. Max gave Ace a 50aed budget to buy a gift and Ace bought an activity book and a golf toy with the budget... we wanted to go to a taiwanese restaurant for dinner but alas, Ace was fast asleep by then and the restaurant was closed..


We thought we would make do with the italian restaurant nearby but alas, they dun serve vegeterian food and so we decided to go home and cook.

After dinner, we were all so tired and so we all went to bed at dubai 9pm.. which was technically 1am in Singapore.. considering tat we woke at 6am, it has been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day indeed...

Previous Post: Mummy Go To Heaven Already!

No comments: