Thursday, October 14, 2010

We Are Going To Dubai!

Since about half a year ago when max announced that he was going to dubai to work, I have also announced to my friends that I might be going to Dubai for good...

Then along the way, we decided tat we will stay in singapore and wait for him to come back because he might be posted back to sgp..

Then, it seemed like he might not be posted back.. and so, all the ding dong and ding dong caused me alot of grief and pain as I feel lost and seemingly unable to make any plans to do anything because I din know whether I will go or stay..

But I felt that despite the many ding dongs, I should tell Ace what me and Max are discussion and also give him a chance to voice his thoughts as the move might likely affect him and change the rest of his life.. cos our moving there might mean Ace will say sayonara to the Singaporean educational system and be stuck in international schools from then on.. or it might mean he might rejoin the local educational system later and have to put in extra effort to catch up..

When I told Ace that we would be staying in Singapore and waiting for Daddy to return.. he expressed grief about not being able to be with his daddy.

And then when we finally had a discussion when Max was back and decided we would move to Dubai, Ace was initially very happy... he was so happy that before I could confirm anything, he went to tell his music teacher that "my mummy is going to cancel this school soon.."

And then, I think it could be that my mother couldn't really bear to see him go to dubai for good.. so she subconsiously started to say things to him like she would tell him.. "You must chant.. chant for daddy to come back to Singapore.. and then you dun need to go over.. the people there all speak strange language and you don't understand them... "etc.. to tell him how bad it is to go over to dubai...

(My mum was subconscious negative about it.. when I told her about the two international schools we were looking at and telling her how the students there are mostly ang moh, she said immediately, "Wait he kenna hoot by the ang moh ah..")

Anyway, that input stayed on with Ace and afterward, he started to be afraid of going over to Dubai...

During our late night chats before bedtime, he will ask me all sorts of strange questions... the strangest one being, " Mummy, did you know that Singapore is number one safe in the world? What if i go there and the people are fighting? What if they push me?"

"Mummy, daddy work friends are all indians.. so all the indian there.. if they talk and say blah blah blah and I don't understand them, how?"

The more he talked about it, the more worries he had and so he asked me, "Mummy, can you ask daddy to cancel his job in Dubai and come back to Singapore? I want to go Kinderland school because I will miss my friends.."

I told him he can make new friends in Dubai.. but he was still not very comfortable when he heard that the children in his new Dubai school would be speaking english and that they would mostly look like Solas (a french kid in his school).

Anyway, we are now waiting for confirmation about Max's posting back to Singapore.. if it is confirmed, then we would still go Dubai for a two mth holiday.. if not, it would be sayonara to all...

When I told Ace we might be going to Dubai only for a holiday, he was really excited and told me that "When I go dubai, everyday I will say 'I want to eat prata, I want to eat prata, I want to eat prata!"

Anyway, KP bought an early xmas present for Ace.. it is a Bob The Builder suitcase.. and Ace was so excited to see it and immediately exclaimed, "Mummy! I can bring this when I go Dubai to Lu Xing leh! Really! Can bring to dubai leh!" And was so excited that he started PACKING all the things he wanted to bring to Dubai into the suitcase... HAHAHHAHAHA...

Previous Post: Laughing In His Sleep

No comments: