Tuesday, September 07, 2010

How To Enjoy Your Medicine When You Are Sick




I hate it when Ace is sick and I think he hates it too. Turns out that the medicine that all smelt do nice were actually not so very tasty.

So every time I asked Ace to take his medicine, he would have some sort of excuse like he had to pee, or he is thirsty, etc.

But children adapt easily and I am glad my son is a natural optimist who soon enough tries to make the unpleasant experience of taking medicine a fun and happy one.

After avoiding it a few times, Ace realizes he has to take it anyway and starts to make it like some sort of game.

He would say things like,"Mummy, later you tell me 123 and ask me to finish all. When i repeated what wanted me to, he would pretend he is having some sort of competition and gulp it all down his throat quickly.

When it was time for his nasal spray, he would stand with his legs wide open, bend his knees and lean forward like a sumo wrestler as an act of preparation and on done, he will luff like it is all great fun.

While I dun like it that Ace is sick, I am thankful he sleeps his way through makes it fun instead of whining and crying all the time;)

Anyway, we are finally done with the medication and Ace was really happy about it.

I told him he has to learn to take care of himself and watch what he eats or the next time he falls sick, I will purposely drink cold drinks in front of him when he is sick. Haha;)


Previous Post: Ace, Better Become A Doctor

No comments: