Sunday, August 29, 2010

Magician Ace

We (as in me, Ace, my mother, my sister) have a new 'favourite show':)

I can't decide if I love or hate the show because the show is called Breaking The Magician's Code and there is this masked magician who will tell you how the magic tricks are performed.. Each hour long episode unveals the tricks behind like 8-10 tricks.. some big scale, some fro, close up magic...

I love the show because I have always been so curious about how these tricks are done. I hate it too because after watching like 5 episodes, I think I can figure out how MOST magic tricks are being done and even though there is not MAGIC in the world, I feel like it sort of takes away the awe I have for all magic tricks even if I know they are just based on science..

Ace... who has an ambition to become a magician of course loves this show as well. Coincidentally, during this timing, Channel U would be showing Zhong Yi Da Ge Da's MAGIC SHOW.. which is a competition among magicians.

I asked Ace which he prefered and he says he prefered the former. When I asked him why.. he says he just loves it... and I can tell he really likes it because he will ask what day it is and if I tell him it is a Sunday, he will ask me if he can watch the black mask magician show before he sleeps and he is so in love with the show he will keep track of when "AI" will finish and when wat show will finish and keep trying for Channel 5 to see if the magician's show has already started.

Our conclusion after watching this show is that Magicians need to be knowledgeable, hard working, have good stage presence, can act well, have fast hands, have alot of beautiful and nimble and sexy assistants and need to know a little bit of everything!

Anyway, I think the show kind of renewed Ace's passion to become a magician... and I really think that when he grows up, he will probably make a very good magician as he has got good showmanship, is good looking, knows how to talk and very importantly, he is very creative!

Recently, he has started to create his own magic tricks and here are some of the few examples...

The Magic Wrist Band
Ace brought back a purple rubber wrist band from the Youth Olympics outing he had. There are some white words and the Youth Olympic logo on it.

Magician Ace goes to an audience (usually me or Ah Yee) and tells the audience, "Today, I am going to show you magic... But I will need your help.. can you help me? Okie, look carefully at this..... Now, say 'ABACADABRA'....repeat after me, ABACADABRA!"

Magician Ace quickly turns the rubber band to the other side and declares, "See, magic! The words disappear! 谢谢大家!"

The Magic Stick
Ace found a stick and some rolled up wrapping paper lying around and he fiddled with it for a while.

And then while I was engrossed in my work, Magician Ace comes up to this audience and tells me, "Can you see anything? There is nothing here..." He waves his hand and does some magical gestures. "见证奇迹的时刻.." And he pushes in one of the wrapping paper roll and pulls out a stick from nowhere...

I must say the trick, even though it was not finely presented, did have some wow factor.. cos I was genuinely surprised when he pulled out the stick. So I responded like how a good audience would and asked him, "啊!怎么可能?!" and he gave me a very smug look.


The Magic Tissue
Magician Ace just had breakfast. He takes a tissue to clean his mouth and afterward, he walks to his favourite audience and asks her, "Do you want me to show you a magic trick?"

Before she can even reply, he starts "There is only only one tissue here.. look....Now, I am going to show you some magic.... "

Magician Ace proceeds to do some magical gestures and tears the two layers of the tissues apart. "See, now there are two tissues.. MAGIC!"

Hahahahaah

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! :)

Previous Post: Policeman Ace

No comments: