Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lego City Airport





Well, dam the toy makers... who love to advertise on TV:)



The other day, Ace saw the advertisement for Lego City Airport and exclaimed that he wanted that for his birthday.. i told him that I will go and check it out first.. thinking that if it fell into my $70 budget, I would buy it for him for his birthday...


Alas, when I finally did find it, the price almost made my eyes pop out of my socket! That bloody toy set.. which can ONLY be made into an airport and nothing else cost like $189.90....

Searching for it on the internet made me realize it was THIS EXPENSIVE no matter where we went to buy it.. so after some discussion with Max, we decided to scrap the idea...

I was secretly hoping that if I just did not mention it again and he just did not see the advert again, he would forget about the whole thing:)

Thankfully, about 2 weeks later, my fellow Lion, Lion Mag gave me two model airplanes... when I brought them home, I told Ace that Aunty Mag gave him a birthday present... when he saw that they were model planes, he was so excited..

"So I don't have to buy Lego City Airport for you anymore right?" i asked him.. "Yes!" he exclaimed excitedly...

And then he took out his own lego set and started building his own airport and told me, "Now I have my own Lego City Airport.. special!"


Hahahaha..


Parents, remember to get creative... when you are creative, so will your child and THAT is always GOOD for your pockets :) hahaha

Previous Post: Car Bread

No comments: